What's new

How to make characters walk in games?

r o b p x 18

In Super Mario 64 on Nintendo 64, when you just slightly move the analog stick it would make Mario walk and if you moved it as far as it would go, he would run. However, I'm noticing that when I just move the analog stick on my computer game pad slightly on a Project 64 emulation he runs no matter how much pressure I apply. This is a problem as during some sections of the game are made 100% easier with the ability to walk. I noticed that someone addressed this problem in the "What would you like to see in Project 64?" thread on the first page and someone said to adjust the deadzone. I tried deadzone at 0% and at 100% and noticed no difference. What should I do to remedy this problem? Btw, I am using N-Rage's plugin.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I think it is analog stick range or something similar. It sets how much you tip the real nintendo 64 stick when you press your buttons on your gamepad. Alternatively, you can get an adapter and a controller from a next-gen system such as gb, ps2 or xbox and the problem will more than probably go away.

Allnatural

Also, make sure your analog stick is properly calibrated (windows control panel - gaming options).

Cheezyphil

megahuge gaming bwner
what doomulation said. you can change the range of the analog stick so he walks, but then if you him to run, you'll have to go back and change it again.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Indeed, but with n-rage, you can use triggers. With it, you can change between run speed and walk speed with just a simple button or something alike. A very powerful and handy feature.