What's new

How to get rid of those loooooong echoes?

Pogo

Hi all, tis me again!

I do tons of sound recording. Infact, my goal is to record all the sounds out of OOT at premium quality. Nemu64 is like, THE BEST n64 emulator I have EVER used, but it's too bad the echoes are so damn long. Most of the time I can get rid of short echoes with a bit of noise printing and reduction here and there, but the echoes which Nemu gives off are just waaaay to long.

Any idea how to shut em off?

Clements

My suggestion to you if you just want Ocarina of Time music is to get WinAMP, 64th Note USF player, and the OoT USF set.

Then, use WinAMP's diskwriter plugin to create WAVs of any quality you want, then encode to OGG or MP3 or whatever you want.

OP
P

Pogo

Thanks alot guys! Sure would be awesome if we could grab the sounds out of the game this way too, cripes. I tried SRIP once but Windows XP just opens it and closes it (it's a dos program.) Then I tried the N64 SoundLib Extractor but the damn thing couldn't find any sound banks in the OOT ROM :ranting:

Last edited:

ggab

Emutalk Member
I tried SRIP once but Windows XP just opens it and closes it (it's a dos program.)
start > run > cmd (enter)
cd\
browse your disk, with " cd ...... " ....... is the folder's name
when u find SRIP folder, just write the .exe 's name.
and see the (maybe) command line options

OP
P

Pogo

Cool, that works, thanks. The only problem now is that I can't give SRIP any commands because I'm returned to SRIP's directory instead of the program's command prompt. Any ideas?

Allnatural

Pogo said:
Cool, that works, thanks. The only problem now is that I can't give SRIP any commands because I'm returned to SRIP's directory instead of the program's command prompt. Any ideas?
I really hate holding your hand through this; I'd rather you learn on your own. Oh well...

When you run srip (without additional commands) you're given the instructions for using it (proper syntax, switches, etc.). It's in the readme as well. You're still treating it as if it has a GUI. The most basic command would be:

srip "name of rom"

So if you have the Super Mario 64 rom, rename it to sm64.rom (for simplicity's sake) and type:

srip sm64.rom

That will dump the contents of the rom. The filename can actually be whatever you want, just remember that names with spaces must be entered with quotations when using the prompt.

So ends the lesson. Now, find a tutorial.

Last edited:
OP
P

Pogo

Thanks for that A.N. I don't know how much you know about this, but SRIP says it couldn't find a CTL file. I remember CTL files from the SoundLib Extractor I once used.

But I think I'll just quit right here, this doesn't look like it's gonna work.
Thanks anyway

ggab

Emutalk Member
C:\WINDOWS\Escritorio\srip01>srip sm64.v64
.ctl offset not specified...Guessing possible values for the .ctl file.
Press any key to abort.
Found possible .ctl (N-Style) offset: 0x57B720
Found possible .tbl (N-Style) offset: 0x593560

Ripping from .ctl offset 0x57B720, .tbl offset 0x593560
Ripping NBank File
Ripping 38/38 instruments (SR: 22050)
Dumping structs (1440 of 1440) to CONTROL.H
193 .wav files extracted

IT's very EASY :)

then, listen to the wav files, Sort by Size!! ;)

OP
P

Pogo

You mean it actually works for you?! Here's was it does with me:

---
C:\Documents and Settings\Nick\My Documents\srip01\SRIP oot.rom
.ctl offset not specified...Guessing possible values for the .ctl file.
Press any key to abort.

Couldn't find .ctl file... Exiting...

---

Wow, who'd have thought OOT wouldn't have any sound banks, my goodness....

Last edited: