What's new

How to get PJ64 1.7 beta without credit card?

me7

The official PJ64 site linked me here, so I assume this where the official support takes place.

I just tried to become a donator and get the PJ64 beta, which only seems to work via "Paymate". Sadly, the "Paymate express payment" site's payment method options don't offer any option at all, I can only pay via credit card there (which I don't have). So I tried to register on Paymate, maybe the bank transfer options are for registered members only, but the site offers only Australia and New Zealand accounts. I live in europe. What should I do?

ThomasH

Welcome.

I had the same problem. Your best bet is asking a friend or relative to donate on your behalf. Then you can just give them the cash.

OP
M

me7

Is this the official support forum? If not, where else could I ask?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The official support forum for 1.7 is hidden until you've donated. I think your thread will do just fine here.

Allnatural

You were given a reasonable solution already, probably your only option. If that doesn't work for you, you'll have to wait for the public release.

OP
M

me7

I paid yesterday with someone else's credit card and got a confirmation e-mail from Paymate immediately, but didn't recieve the login info yet. Today I wrote a message about the issue to Zilmar via the contact option on the homepage but didn't get any response either. How long did it take for you? I need PJ64 before Monday (won't have any internet for three weeks after).

ThomasH

I suspect you would get a reply within 14days. He is a very busy man and only does this in his free time. Just give it a bit of time and he will set a account up for you. Also have a look at your spam filter as 9 times out of 10 the email will be in your spam box.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Thats unfortunate you won't have internet, because the Beta will not run without internet. It uses a verification technique to make sure it hasn't been leaked.

OP
M

me7

Which is the newest version that can run without internet connection?

smcd

No version of Project 64 "requires" an internet connection. You can use Project 64 1.6 (the latest official version) just fine on a non-internet-connected PC

X-Fi6

At the moment, donations are run through PayMate. You must use make your payment through a Visa Card or Mastercard credit card. You can't use a check or cash order.

Once you are granted a copy of Project64 1.7 it won't require an internet connection at all AFAIK. No version of Project64 connects to the internet (although in the future it may, like for example with Netplay).

ThomasH

That is incorrect. Or at least for me it is. All the versions 1.7 connect to the Internet. I think the earlier versions such as 1.6 did as well. You normally can not tell and its a seamless action but some fire walls or anti virus software do pick it up and warn you and or block it.

OP
M

me7

I paid, downloaded the leatest beta and can conform that it does connect to the internet. My firewall detected that it attempted to access www.zilsoft.com.

Has someone here used for a while without internet connection? I'm scared that it could stop working after a few days without calling home.

Allnatural

That is incorrect. Or at least for me it is. All the versions 1.7 connect to the Internet. I think the earlier versions such as 1.6 did as well. You normally can not tell and its a seamless action but some fire walls or anti virus software do pick it up and warn you and or block it.
The connection issue was brought up some time ago:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=16512&page=3#22

v1.7 may be different (I don't have access to it), but previous versions aren't supposed to connect to the internet.