What's new

How much do you seed?

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Just wondering if you only leech and close your torrent client, or instead seed for a while or until a ratio is reached. I usually seed until I get a 1.0 ratio, what about you guys?

smcd

Depends... I usually try to seed 1:1 or better especially on sites I really enjoy

Toasty

Sony battery
I generally try to at least get close to 1:1, but if there are tons of seeders and few leeches - enough that only a small portion of the swarm's bandwidth is utilized - I don't feel much need to stick around.

Flash

Technomage
My personal record is 9 gigs downloaded and 20 terabytes uploaded, i've left torrent running for seven months. For 100Mbit (home) and 400Mbit (work) connection it's not a problem to keep one or two torrents running until reboot is needed.

Last edited:

smcd

My personal record is 9 gigs downloaded and 20 terabytes uploaded, i've left torrent running for seven months. For 100Mbit (home) and 400Mbit (work) connection it's not a problem to keep one or two torrents running until reboot is needed.

Wow, nice bandwidth (home) mine's only 10 down / 1 up ... I'd be afraid to use work bandwidth for seeding, not sure my employer would like it :p

Allnatural

Depends. If it's a huge torrent (many gigs) I'll seed until it's 1:1. Smaller files I'll usually seed 10:1.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Lots, But usually only one torrent. the current one I'm seeding has a ratio of 111.6 (1.60GB/179GB).