What's new

How many GCM does We have???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGFox

The Quiet One!
willdeharp said:
But at least i can say that only 2 of which i downloaded, Ikaruga seemed so tempting with working sound to try out :D
And who has 4 Swords or Ikaruga in England anyway...

err...Ikaruga is openly available in the UK, I own it myself :huh: , you can find it in both GAME and GameStation stores and for usually about £15 (bargain :happy: ). The Four Swords is only available currently through Import but is scheduled for UK release on the 24 September 2004.

AFAIK, a game being unavailable in for purchase where you live is not a valid justification for downloading an illegal copy of said game. As for the "try before you buy" excuse, that USED to run under the law that if you did not own the original software, it must be removed from your HD within 24 hours of download, however i'm unsure that the leniency of this law still stands.

Please don't take this post the wrong way, i am not trying to tell you off nor preach the sanctity of being honest, merely offering a friendly advice about your actions and excuses.

Cheers
Fox

Im not going to try to justify it, but it is a statement of fact, and the truth is that there are many here with far more than 2 downloaded games. As for the 24 hour law, i have always assumed that it still applies even today, i havnt heard about any change in this particular law.

Clements

1. The 24 Hour rule is bogus, downloading any material such as roms/isos is illegal no matter what. Do a search, this has been covered many times.

2. This entire thread is a completely pointless ePenis-size match and serves no purpose in the Dolphin forum. It's not even related to Dolphin. If someone can come up with a good reason why this thread is useful I'd be surprised.

JinXD

Clements said:
1. The 24 Hour rule is bogus, downloading any material such as roms/isos is illegal no matter what. Do a search, this has been covered many times.

2. This entire thread is a completely pointless ePenis-size match and serves no purpose in the Dolphin forum. It's not even related to Dolphin. If someone can come up with a good reason why this thread is useful I'd be surprised.
I have to agree with you, IMO the only post I found useful was Knuckles which showed the progress of the latest beta.

This thread will most likely devolve into a huge flame war over the legality of downloading gcms or any illegal material for that matter, as it had already started to do before your post. Either that or n00bs will request the gcms that people have posted screenshots of. Both of which are not of any use to anyone!!

MGFox

The Quiet One!
willdeharp:
I understand your comments about other having downloaded games, and from what i can tell it is not in the forum rules about mention that you have them, but advertising the fact that you perform illegal activities without negative actions from EmuTalk could result in legal problems as they are basically approving and encouraging your actions. I was merely trying to protect yourself and EmuTalk.

However, it is unlikely that a developer or publisher will read AND act upon the post, and it is not technically against the forum rules, so i therefore suggest that this discussion be stopped as it is greatly offtopic.

Clements:
I'm confident that the 24 hour rule did exist MANY years ago (back when i had a P70 running Win 3.11, connecting using a manual version of WinSock on a 28.8 modem, those were the days) as i can remember reading that it was succesfully used in a court case and thats when every site starting placing the discalimers on the front of their sites. However, it is not relevant as it not existant in todays law.

BTW this thread has no major benefit, other than the curiosity of what games the other members hold and with the Beta List shots we can see the latest compatibility descriptions.

Cheers
Fox

MGFox, I agree that i shouldnt have posted at all. I got one bloke banned already because i mentioned downloading in my post, i am too used to the liberal nature of the doors forum where even administrators talk about pirated music fairly freely. This post never had any real point at all and should probably be closed before anyone else gets hurt(banned) or before someone(me) gets flamed

flamus

buaaaaaa! i dun know how to rip gcms buaaaaaaaaaaa

plz .i have all the gc emulators but i don know how to rip plz teach me some one with a good heart

emu4ever

sucks2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.