What's new

How does Project 64 handle 'Perfect Dark'?

Nitrotica

I just got Perfect Dark and haven't got a chance to run it yet. I was wondering wether or not PJ64 1.5 will handle it, or if not, what emulator will? I'm at school now, but this morning I ran it for about 2 minutes and it seemed okay. It was just the first level, so I really can't tell.

Secondly, it's a great emulator. I've been having some compatibility issues with some of my games though. I have an abnormally fast machine (1 GHZ, 256mb RAM) and I've been getting some computer lag whilst running games such as 'Goldeneye'. Any ideas?

Remote

Nitrotica said:
Yada, Yada...

Secondly, it's a great emulator. I've been having some compatibility issues with some of my games though.
I have an abnormally fast machine (1 GHZ, 256mb RAM) and I've been getting some computer lag whilst running games such as 'Goldeneye'. Any ideas?

Define abnormal, or better define fast...:p

OP
N

Nitrotica

Well.. I can run any computer game on my system problem free.. I know roms are different though :p

Remote

Fair enough, Perfect Dark runs and should be totally playble although some effects aren't emulated, i.e spy/drug cam, motion blur, which you'll have to resort to the Project64 gameFAQ to solve... Which doesn't mean that you'll see the effects but you'll be able to progress further into the game...

communist

Remote said:
Fair enough, Perfect Dark runs and should be totally playble although some effects aren't emulated, i.e spy/drug cam, motion blur, which you'll have to resort to the Project64 gameFAQ to solve... Which doesn't mean that you'll see the effects but you'll be able to progress further into the game...

well when i played that game with my GF2 it was pretty difficult to master some places - even though i beat the game on perfect.
when i tried it with my voodoo3 it didn display those effects too but there was no black screen instead of the effect. i just saw everthing as you normally do. :D

Last edited:

Remote

No, I'm thinking that he couldn't see the motion blur effects that happen when you get hit, but since they are ontop of the normal view he saw it as we did, without black screen. And re the spy/drug cam there it isn't dependant on video card, since the effect isn't emulated...

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
ok, he said it like its one thing.

btw, u know that motion blur is emulated right? just turn on frame buffer emulation (copy dlist/buffers is fine). of course, u would also know the penalty of using frame buffer.

Ruri

Navigator
Erm, most people see a black screen when they try to use the Spycam. Why? Do you see something that actually makes it playable with your Voodoo 3?

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
communist said:
what do you see instead of the cam-spy... effect? i had a black screen on my gf2 but not on my voodoo3.

i have radeon, but i see blank screen (maybe with the green stuff on top and on the side, but nevertheless unplayable). On your first post u seem to say that u see something on your voodoo3. care to share with us?:)

communist

sorry for that.
i can see everything normal when i have that infra-red googles on with my v3 but not with my GF2.
as for the spy-cam : when i switch to it it looks normal for a 1 second then the whole screen is black.???

communist

but hey i found a good way to surpass that spy-cam problem (maybe it has been posted here already):
just enable "Wireframe Rasterization" under the GraphicsPlugins settings.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
i know about the wireframe thing, i get the exact same for spycam(except my wireframe doesnt look like that). ill try the ir goggles sometime. hows night vision, black with green bars about?

communist

pj64er said:
and thats with Jabo's 1.4? thats not bad at all, its actually playable!
yes - its playable pretty good. is there actually a way of getting the cam-spy to work?

Last edited:

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
i think pj64 handels Perfect Dark pretty good, i hear shes quiet satisfied o_O (another usless and corney pun)