What's new

How do you run .ogg files on a SSF???

Aristocrat

Banned
I've recently gotten my hands on a copy of Dungeons and Dragons - Tower of Doom. (A saturn game obviously). However, after I extract the game, a huge list of .ogg files appear along with a little program icon called 'oggdropXP'. If I open up the 'oggdropXP' program (which was included in the game's rar file) a little fish head appears and tells me to drop files onto it. I've tried dropping the extracted .ogg files on to the fish head, but I still can't boot the game. Additionally, I can't mount any of these files onto my virtual drive and play them like I would with Dragon Force or similar.

And so, my question is.... How does one maniplulate these types of files so that the game can become playable on SSF? Thanks.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Seems to me that some genius encoded the game's CD music tracks to .OGG. AFAIk, CUE files don't support OGG files so you need to covert them to WAV if you want to hear background music (provided that the CD music tracks are listed in the CUE file, of course).

Then again, you could just play the arcade version and not worry about things like these, unless you are building a Saturn game collection.

OP
Aristocrat

Aristocrat

Banned
Yeah... I guess I might as well download the Mame version of D&D. I went through alot of trouble to get my hands on a Saturn version of the game, so I've just been stubborn about giving in. Thanks for the advice.

linlhutz

Aristocrat said:
I've recently gotten my hands on a copy of Dungeons and Dragons - Tower of Doom. (A saturn game obviously). However, after I extract the game, a huge list of .ogg files appear along with a little program icon called 'oggdropXP'. If I open up the 'oggdropXP' program (which was included in the game's rar file) a little fish head appears and tells me to drop files onto it. I've tried dropping the extracted .ogg files on to the fish head, but I still can't boot the game. Additionally, I can't mount any of these files onto my virtual drive and play them like I would with Dragon Force or similar.

And so, my question is.... How does one maniplulate these types of files so that the game can become playable on SSF? Thanks.

Open the oggdrop.exe file

Select all the .ogg files and drag them into the "fishhead" window.
It should convert the ogg files to wav (I'm not sure if it will save them in the same folder by default or not).
Then you need the satcuemaker program (google it).

Put satcuemaker.exe in the same folder as the BIN (or ISO) and wav files.
Delete .cue file - If one already exists.
Run satcuemaker.exe.
Name the cue to what ever you want and press Enter.
Mount cue on Virtual Drive
Start SSF up and change your CD Drive to the Virtual Drive.
Exit SSF and restart.
Play game....Hopefully :p

linlhutz

OP
Aristocrat

Aristocrat

Banned
linlhutz said:
Open the oggdrop.exe file

Select all the .ogg files and drag them into the "fishhead" window.
It should convert the ogg files to wav (I'm not sure if it will save them in the same folder by default or not).
Then you need the satcuemaker program (google it).

Put satcuemaker.exe in the same folder as the BIN (or ISO) and wav files.
Delete .cue file - If one already exists.
Run satcuemaker.exe.
Name the cue to what ever you want and press Enter.
Mount cue on Virtual Drive
Start SSF up and change your CD Drive to the Virtual Drive.
Exit SSF and restart.
Play game....Hopefully :p

linlhutz

Thanks for the info! I dropped the .ogg files onto the "fishhead" icon and they converted to .wav.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the "satcuemaker" program you were referring to. I've tried googling "satcuemaker" and "satcuemaker.exe" etc., but I'm getting absolutely no hits. Is "satcuemaker" an abbreviation for something? If so, do you know what its full title is? Or, do you happen to remember where you got it from? Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

smcd

Aristocrat said:
Thanks for the info! I dropped the .ogg files onto the "fishhead" icon and they converted to .wav.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the "satcuemaker" program you were referring to. I've tried googling "satcuemaker" and "satcuemaker.exe" etc., but I'm getting absolutely no hits. Is "satcuemaker" an abbreviation for something? If so, do you know what its full title is? Or, do you happen to remember where you got it from? Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

"Saturn cue maker" ;)

http://www.fortunecity.com/underworld/stunt/644/programs.html perhaps

linlhutz

Oooops!

I meant SEGAcuemaker not satcuemaker.

*sigh*

Thats what I get for posting in a hurry.

To make up for it I'll host it for you. Get it here:

segacuemaker.zip

Let me know how you make out.

linlhutz

smcd

With your posting it as satcuemaker I did a google search for "saturn cue maker" and that is the most pertinent result... never tried it myself (or sega cue maker)

OP
Aristocrat

Aristocrat

Banned
linlhutz said:
Oooops!

I meant SEGAcuemaker not satcuemaker.

*sigh*

Thats what I get for posting in a hurry.

To make up for it I'll host it for you. Get it here:

segacuemaker.zip

Let me know how you make out.

linlhutz

I downloaded the program and followed your instructions.... and you're the man! It works perfectly! Thanks for the help.