What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

How do you Retexture using GIMP?

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well keep the same name and make it a png.. only edit the png's
and use your artistic ability.
also look around here, this has been asked countless times.

Datadayne

Retexturing in gimp is simple. Just open your texture in gimp and do whatever you want with it. Then save it (making sure you have not changed the name).
Then put those textures in hires_textures.

OP
S

SonicSquarepant

I got another problem, how do I use Filter and Script-Fu Menus? Everything is transparent, in other words, can't be activated, how can I use them? Thanks for trying to help by the way.

CrashDance22

I ripped that logo ^_^
To add to the subject, I've been trying to make a 32x32 texture look a lot sharper, but haven't made much progress. I tryed sharpening it in GIMP 2, but it hardly looks different without it starting to look pixelated.

I've seen a few texture packs with AMAZING enhancements of 32x32 tiles represented in 128x128. The textures are really clear, but I need to know how to get then that clear. Do you use GIMP 2? I use it, but do you need Photoshop or something to achieve that?

Mollymutt

It's not just upping the size to 128x128. You can also up the resolution to 288 pixels. That ought to make a difference.

Mollymutt

Just click image size, and change the resolution 4x, and the size will change accordingly. Both have to be 4x.... 64x32 72 pixels / 256x128 288 pixels.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
yes, datadayne i told you to only change the resolution, not the deminsions.. but it's solved so it doesn't matter

CrashDance22

I ripped that logo ^_^
I see... what program can you use to up the pixel count? If you can do it in GIMP, how do you do it? Sorry if I sound like a noob, I just don't usually go this deep into detail with images.

DDRPIP

The One and Only
well, i don't use gimp, i use Photoshop CS2... but you press ALT+I and it opens the image demensions, resolution, etc.
just up the resolution to 288 and it's enhanced ^^
of course this is when you edit the picture, make it more clear and crisp.

CrashDance22

I ripped that logo ^_^
Cool, but I've installed CS2 once before, and it was a pain to use (for me) because it's so advanced; plus, it was also a trial version. Does anyone here use anything besides Photoshop?

Datadayne

I use gimp and photoshop. Photoshop is really easy changing the resolution.
In gimp, all you have to do is, goto image>scale image and change the size and the x and y resolutions x2,x3 or x4.