What's new

how do i get the GS Button to work? Please help.

jrguitargeek

well, I used to hack no mercy, long ago, before my Gameshark fryed. So i got pj64 and the Rom, but the GS button does nothing. I use GS codes on the rom all the time, but how do i get to the memory editor and do searches? I know that with my N64 i needed an expansion pak before the gs button worked. SO anyways, how do i get it to work in PJ64. Do I need and Expansion Pak? Is there an Expansion Pak plugin for PJ64? If not, what other Emulator could I use to play, and hack wwf no mercy. Any help would be appreciated.
~Josh Rosenbohm

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Umm. 1st: There is no search function is pj, nor any other emulator.
2nd: The cheats that is already there can be activated by reading its noted or just activating them.

OP
J

jrguitargeek

1. Actually there is a search feature in some emulators. In fact there is one in NEMU. It searches the hexi-decimal for values.
Unforunately, NEMU doesnt run no mercy properly.

2. i know how to activate cheats, i've been doing it for a month now. But what I dont understand is the GS button. In pj64 1.5, if you pull down the system menu, there is a tab that says "GS Button." On a regular nintendo 64, if you pressed the GS button it would bring up a search feature and a memory editor. So, the question is, what the hell does the PJ64 button do then? I press it but nothing happens.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
jrguitargeek said:
In pj64 1.5, if you pull down the system menu, there is a tab that says "GS Button." On a regular nintendo 64, if you pressed the GS button it would bring up a search feature and a memory editor. So, the question is, what the hell does the PJ64 button do then? I press it but nothing happens.

1) put the cheat on 1st that says Press F9 & then press it.
2) on the gs/AR/XP it only takes you to the editor/Cheat Search when you start of on that function to begin with.
then you press the button to return to continue the search etc.

Nothing confusing about it really.

OP
J

jrguitargeek

The Gentleman said:
2) on the gs/AR/XP it only takes you to the editor/Cheat Search when you start of on that function to begin with.
then you press the button to return to continue the search etc.

Nothing confusing about it really.

what do you mean it only takes you to the search if you start off with that function? How do I start off with it?

Im not trying to use a code that requires the GS button, i just wanna press the GS button and get to the memory editor/search. Could you please give a little more detail, im pretty new to the world of emulating. thank you for your help.

Gent

Administrator
well as you have quoted what i have said, it clearly states "on the gs/AR/XP ". & as Doom said there isnt such a function, as it also states in a post on the cheats Board.

If its searching & hacking you are wanting then i suggest you get an unfryed GS & stick to using that on the real Console for the effects you desire.

because you are not going to find this on PJ, or 1964.

I cant comment on Nemu as i only ever used it once & it crashed my comp :)

Last edited:
OP
J

jrguitargeek

The Gentleman said:
well as you have quoted what i have said, it clearly states "on the gs/AR/XP ". & as Doom said there isnt such a function, as it also states in a post on the cheats Board.

The Gentleman said:

i dont think that anything is "clearly" stated there. Thats utter jibberish. I already knew that, it wasnt really relevant to the question. No need to get all agrivated. It was unclear whether or not you were indicating that I could start off the pj64 GS with the memory editor in place. Now that you have elaborated, I understand, but there is really no need to be all high and mighty to someone simply looking for an answer.

And also, Doom said that no emulators had that function, and he was wrong. I corrected him.

I guess I'll wait for a new Nemu, or possibly a new PJ64, which might allow me to hack no mercy.

Gent

Administrator
jrguitargeek said:
i dont think that anything is "clearly" stated there. Thats utter jibberish. I already knew that, it wasnt really relevant to the question.
No need to get all agrivated.

1) its clear enough & not Jibberish to me, Sorry if i didnt put it in laymans for you.

& i certainly was not getting agrivated.

jrguitargeek said:
It was unclear whether or not you were indicating that I could start off the pj64 GS with the memory editor in place. Now that you have elaborated, I understand, but there is really no need to be all high and mighty to someone simply looking for an answer.

2) :plain: high and mighty ? :plain:

jrguitargeek said:
I guess I'll wait for a new Nemu, or possibly a new PJ64, which might allow me to hack no mercy.

3) Yea Good luck with that

jrguitargeek said:
what the hell does the PJ64 button do then? I press it but nothing happens.

4) PJ64 F9 Button - F9 Function is used for certain codes when
RAM is injected to the cheat at one time.
using Activators 88 & 89.

I will add this into the FAQ for those People who really dont already know the True Function of the Real GS (Green Button) & the PJ64 F9 Button. :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I forgot about nemu...but it is afaik, the only emulator with search function. And pj will not have a search function, there is no one planned at least afaik.