What's new

How can I...

BlueOval

Ok, I understand that Project64 is a Nintendo64 emulator, but what I am trying to do is run Diablo II in Glide with my GeF4 vid card. I have downloaded Pj64 and have also downloaded XGL200 in an attempt to accomplish this.

[edit]I know that I need both an emulator and a wrapper. I know that I need to put the .dll and possibly the .exe from the wrapper into the root folder of the emulator.[/edit]

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Ok, I understand that Project64 is a Nintendo64 emulator, but what I am trying to do is run Diablo II in Glide with my GeF4 vid card. I have downloaded Pj64 and have also downloaded XGL200 in an attempt to accomplish this.

I am having great difficulty fathoming just what PJ64 has got to do with the running of a game in Glide.

If I have understood you correctly, your best bet would be to obtain Evoodoo, and place it into the Diablo 2 folder along with the Glide2x, Glide3x.dll, and see if that works at all... It has nothing at all to do with PJ64 though, or any emulator for that matter.

OP
B

BlueOval

2bzy4ne1: The reason I want to run Glide is because that is what DII looks/runs best in. I can't run D3D because I get constant sys lockups - the kind where ctrl-alt-del does not work.

Trotterwatch: Glide2x.dll and Glide3x.dll are already in my DII folder. I will try eVoodoo, thank you, but why does it have nothing at all to do with an emulator? I thought you needed an emulator in order to get a wrapper to work?

ra5555: My GeF4 is stable only in DirectDraw at the moment. If it ran stably under D3D I would not be searching for other options.

I am running the 40.52 Detonators and uninstalled the old ones and cleaned my Registry before installing the new drivers. So it's not for lack of new drivers.

Trotterwatch

Trotterwatch: Glide2x.dll and Glide3x.dll are already in my DII folder. I will try eVoodoo, thank you, but why does it have nothing at all to do with an emulator? I thought you needed an emulator in order to get a wrapper to work?

An emulator and a glide wrapper are two entirely different entities. A Glide wrapper is not exclusive to emulation.

Just download Evoodoo (that may work, not sure) and put it into the Diablo2 root folder, start the game and hopefully you should have a Glide option, if so choose it. The game may not work that great though, as you are basically emulating Glide in D3D, but it's worth a try.

Just leave PJ64 out of the equation, you are needlessly complicating things by believing it is needed. PJ64 is only needed if you want an incredibly fast and compatible emulator for N64 emulation.

OP
B

BlueOval

eVoodoo seemed to work well. It did provide me the option of choosing to run DII in Glide, however after opting for Glide, every time I started DII I would get the eVoodoo splash screen and then a sys lockup.

I'm trying Direct3D again, but thanks a lot for explaining things to me Trotterwatch.

Trotterwatch

No problem :) I hope things work out for you.

Unsure why D3D is crashing for you so often, what operating system are you running? If you're not running XP, then you could always try reinstalling Direct X over the top of itself, to see if that resolves your problem.

Check this URL out btw, people who have the same query as yourself (you can check to see if there are any answers):

Google Groups Link

A newer version of Evoodoo may be out soon, that has had further work done it (and hopefully may work a little in Diablo 2, so keep an eye on the news pages for it).

Last edited:
OP
B

BlueOval

I'm running a stripped version of 98SE with DirectX 8.1. I've never heard of reinstalling DirectX, but may try that. Thanks again for your help and for the link.

I ran DII last night in D3D for about 3 hours without a prob. Then all of a sudden I had what I thought was unbelievable lag which turned out to be my fps - which was 0-1!! So I quit the game intending to restart it; but decided to check up on the posts, then locked up while reading the boards. LOL Too weird. Maybe it's the card itself?

A lot of people have had to RMA theirs and reportedly the 64 MB version of my card was a bad batch. However also reportedly the later versions fixed this and since the card came out around June and I bought mine in October I figure I have the later version.