What's new

How can I config for run great Zelda 1&2, Super Mario...?

sigfried.m

Hi boys, I have the Project 64 emulator.
Can you help me?
I want to play with Zelda 1, Zelda 2 and Super Mario 64 with this emu.
Is it possible to run great with great graphic without bugs and glitches?
What plugins can I use? How must I config them?

My system specs are: Core2Duo E6600, 4Gb DDR2 800, Ge Force 8800 GTX, Vista Home Premium 64.
I have all updated versions of drivers and DirectX

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yes, it is possible to run the games without too many glitches. You can use the default plugins that come with the emulator or use Glide64 Napalm.

I suggest that you start by reading the User Manual that comes with Project64. You don't really need to configure the default plugins aside from resolution and buttons. Glide64 Napalm comes with a manual as well.

OP
S

sigfried.m

Zelda: Ocarina of time and Zelda: Majora's Mask, ok?

However, Agozer, default plugins are the Jabo's?

With this plugins, audio is not optimal and graphic also is not optimal

Agozer

Yes, the default plugins are Jabo's. you can alleviate the audio problem by enabling Sync Game to Audio in the Configure Audio Plugin window.

Please be more specific when you say "graphic is also not optimal". Like I said earlier, Glide64 offer the best graphics emulation provided that your hardware can handle it.

OP
S

sigfried.m

With Jabo's graphic plugin, is a little "grid".
I have only Glide64 Napalm 1.0 and I don't like how it work.
I have tried to enable Sync Game to Audio, but I have an error when I check it.

Agozer

Please specify what you mean by "grid". Take a screenshot if you have to. Also please specify exactly what is the error message you get when checking Sync Game to Audio.

OP
S

sigfried.m

I have resolved the problem of Sync audio, but is again a little "croaky"

This is the graphic problem with Jabo D3D
immaginewt1.jpg
[/URL]

As you see, letters are grid and squared. Also in game, graphic is in that mode and not optimal quality

Agozer

The image you have is due to the way Direct3D works with this emulator, it's not the plugin's fault per se.

Glide64 doesn't have the grid because it uses OpenGL. I have assure you that the grid is only visible during the Nintendo 64 logo screen and nowhere else in the game.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
its not a D3D issue, its just an issue with the way the texture is scaled under D3D, Jabo could fix it, if it was an actual issue for games, however it isnt.

OP
S

sigfried.m

So..what are the best plugins for the 2 Zelda's games?
Agozer I haven't optimal graphic also in game.

Coredo

Nolife
Is it really so bad if there are a few pixels out of place here and there for just a couple of seconds? Just use the default plugins.

Agozer

So..what are the best plugins for the 2 Zelda's games?
Agozer I haven't optimal graphic also in game.
Again, please explain how "unoptimal" the graphics are in-game. A screenshot helps once again.

If you don't want to use Glide64, then there is no better plugin than the default one. So either use Glide64 or accept the fact that Jabo's Direct3d doesn't display "optimal" graphics.

Last edited:

Agozer

No, you can't. And Jabo's doesn't support that either. Why would you want to set such a resolution anyway? The image quality will not improve by doing something like that; the image is simply scaled up and stretched, you won't get better graphics like that.

Last edited:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
And Jabo's doesn't support that either. Why would you want to set such a resolution anyway? The image quality will not improve improve by doing something like that; the image is simply scaled up and stretched, you won't get better graphics like that.

Yes it does, and because running a 4:3 resolution on a 16:10 screen looks like shit, unless you disable scaling.

Jabos plugin has ratio override settings for a reason.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
No, you can't. And Jabo's doesn't support that either. Why would you want to set such a resolution anyway? The image quality will not improve improve by doing something like that; the image is simply scaled up and stretched, you won't get better graphics like that.
From what I've seen, Jabo's plugin supports any resolution (up to and including 1600x1200) which your video card (video card/monitor combination?) supports. And you will get better, sharper 3D rendering, but the textures will still look rather lacking.

Yes it does, and because running a 4:3 resolution on a 16:10 screen looks like shit, unless you disable scaling.

Jabos plugin has ratio override settings for a reason.
This is exactly why I prefer Jabo's over Glide. Playing Mario64 in 16:9 is pretty sexy.

Agozer

Squall, you have a nice habit of correcting me for the better, I'd just wish that you'd do it sooner. :D

But yeah, shows just how much I remember after using Glide64 exclusively for a long time.

Last edited:
OP
S

sigfried.m

I have tried to play Mario 64 with Jabo's D3D at 1280x1024, there is it.

There are black lines at the top and the bottom of screen. And why the writing are so "pixellous"?

If I set resolution to 1680x1050, then black lines are on the left and right side.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
The writing is pixelated because you do not have "Super2x SaI textures" turned on. The black bars are caused by a screen resolution/screen size mismatch. If using Jabo's plugin, set your resolution to one that doesn't put bars on your screen (i.e. 1600x900), and tick the "Adjust game aspect ratio to match yours" box (in the Advanced tab, after unticking "Hide Advanced Settings."

NOTE: using "adjust game aspect ratio to match yours" is not a good idea in some games. It can be glitchy in some games, and others have a 16:9 setting you can use, and it's always best to use that.

Last edited: