What's new

how am i meant to open save files.. eep.? mpk.?

B

Bagalaga

how can i open up eep. and mpk. save files?

the files must have a .pj or.zip thingy to be opened!

i downloaded the DONKEY KONG 64 101 % save file by Grey86, here is the post:

I've noticed how many people wanted a DK64 native save, so I took the liberty to play through the entire game and get 101% completion rate.

So here it is, an .eep save-file for Donkey Kong 64 (U) [!], with 101% completion rate and everything unlocked:

View attachment 35912

author: Grey86
description: 101% complete, everything collected and unlocked
works with: so far I've only tested it with the "Donkey Kong 64 (U) [!]" -version

i have Donkey Kong 64 (U) [!] .. it works fine.. but wen i try to open DONKEY KONG 64.eep save file.. it wont show up unless i rename it to DONKEY KONG 64.zip or DONKEY KONG 64.pj .. and wen i try to open them up it says unable to open save file!

help would be greatly appreciated :)

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
this is a BATTERY SAVE not a save state. it works fine for me

Make sure that the Rom and battery file both have the same file name (excluding extension obviously)

Allnatural

Sounds like he trying to load the save via System\Load... Native saves are loaded in-game, just as if you were playing the real thing. Don't change the extension of the save file.

OP
B

Bagalaga

Sounds like he trying to load the save via System\Load... Native saves are loaded in-game, just as if you were playing the real thing. Don't change the extension of the save file.

nah i am trying to open it in-game via system\load... but the file doesnt even come up because its not in .pj or .zip format.. instead its in eep. format.. and wen i try to rename it to .pj or .zip.. they wont load!!!

how am i meant to open .eep Native Save files?

OP
B

Bagalaga

OHH lolzzzz i got it now.. its an actual save in game.. ok its fine its working and everything thx for ur help mate!! lock dis if u want mods im outta here! :drool:

smcd

make sure the name of the eep is the same as in the rom (stored in the rom at 0x20 offset), and make sure its in the save directory. "DONKEY KONG 64.eep" for example (copy the eep and/or mpk file into the Save folder in pj64 directory) from the attached file, simply copy them over as it is already correctly named