What's new

hookin my computer to my tv

mesman00

What's that...?
hey...im trying to hook up my computer to my tv. first of all, i have a geforce 4 ti 4200. ok, i have my tv out cable connected to my computer, and it goes into my tv in my vcr. when i turn on my vcr and hit the input button, all it shows is a blue screen. why? is there something special i have to do so it displays on my tv. a certain program i have to download. thanks alot

Josep

eyerun4phun
mesman00 said:
hey...im trying to hook up my computer to my tv. first of all, i have a geforce 4 ti 4200. ok, i have my tv out cable connected to my computer, and it goes into my tv in my vcr. when i turn on my vcr and hit the input button, all it shows is a blue screen. why? is there something special i have to do so it displays on my tv. a certain program i have to download. thanks alot

wait, why use your vcr? just plug the mofo straight into the tv;)

iq_132

Banned
1. Are you using an S-video cable? If so, check and see if you can connect it directly to your television (this is the best way).
2. If you are using a composite cable (Yellow plug), see if you can connect it directly to your television (best way).
3. Get new drivers for your video card:
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows2000
4. Right-click on the desktop, go to "properties," then to the "Settings" tab, the "Advanced" button near the bottom, then to the "nView' tab across the top, click the radio button (looks like a 3d-ish circle, has a dot in it when you click on it), click the "Apply" button across the bottom.
5. Make sure your cable is connected well to the back of your computer and well to the tv or vcr.
6. Make sure your cables are good and not damaged.
7. Stay calm, it makes stuff go along easier :)

OP
mesman00

mesman00

What's that...?
i have to do it through my vcr cuz its the only connection i have right now, unfortunately, this makes the quality pretty shitty

iq_132

Banned
Did I help at all or does it still not work?
Also you have to remember that a NTSC television (USA) only has a resolution of like 512 by 384 or something, so you aren't going to get that good of a picture anyway.

Try playing a DVD on your tv, going through your vcr, you'll see the picture get brighter and darker, that is the built in macrovision protection.

I'd suggest an RF modulator... like 25 bucks at wal-mart, it's so easy to use :)

Siggie

I used to use tvtool with my tnt2 ultra with conexant chipset to stretch the image to get rid of those annoying borders. When I bought my Creative Geforce 4 Ti4200 I downloaded the latest tvtool and gave it a try. It doesn't work. Why? Cuz my videocard has a philips tvencoder chip on it. When using tvtool I get a carbled picture. So I went on to use the standard nvidia tv output. And I have to say that I can live without tvtool. The philips encoder on my card is capable of an output of 1024x768. Borders are minimal. So I'm a happy man :D

just my $0.02

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Phillips 27PT820

Only seen it at frys electronics though.

Then again I might not get that; I found a big steal for this TV on amazon.com.

http://www.rca.com/product/viewdetail/0,2588,PI700290-CI700085,00.html

They sold it to me for exactly $149.00, including shipping. Mispriced unit is my bet, its at $899 now, and they aren't selling anymore. I hope they don't back out on me, after all, I did already give them my personal information...

/me smells a lawsuit if they do back out

:devil:

Last edited: