What's new

Homebrew Creation Issues!

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
I have Sonic Adventure that is split into 44 parts with an extra part that is referred to as incomplete and a part that is un-numbered and un-recognized by the Daemon Tools Device. I tried to use Ex0Skelet0r's Selfboot GUI and the new one didn't work then I tried the old one and with the help of Daemon Tools It worked but, didn't save to any directory.

I am using the ATI Radeon X1600 Graphics Card on a Sony VAIO MCE PC.

*EDIT* The links in his secondary tutorial are invalid!

Mouser X

Usuaully, when an image is split into multiple pieces, it's NOT IN THE CORRECT FORMAT. Do a search for WinRAR, or 7zip. Chances are that you need to EXTRACT the image first. This being the case, there's a good chance that this might be the cause of your problems. Mouser X over and out.

OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
Eh...?

I'm really sorry to say that I don't understand what you're saying... I understand that the Selfboot extension isn't right but, as to extracting it I tried and it didn't work... Are you trying to tell me that I have to change the extension to one that's .cdi or something like that before using Ex0Skelet0rs GUI, because I'm really confused.

*WRONG ICON, SORRY*

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Extracting with WinRAR from the first archive doesn't work? If the split archive has been created without errors then the other parts should automatically extract after the first one.

Then again, looking a second time at that screenshot, the last part is very likely corrupt and incomplete. You won't be able to extract the CD image from the archives if even one part is missing or corrupt.

Last edited:

Cobrax1884

Banned
XD, rename the files back and go download 001 joiner.
After that join the files ans you should get a image file or something XD

Cobrax1884

Banned
Actually, i have downloaded the same torrent.
You will get and archive.
Extract it and then you will have the image in a cdi format

OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
That's really odd... I did as you said but, it didn't change the file. The extension's the same and everything... I'm trying to get one that's already batched and formatted and I got Sonic 2 and I got up to the Sega logo then it freezed... Maybe something's wrong with it... I don't have a clue...

Cobrax1884

Banned
you want to play it on chankast?
As i said, after you join the files THEN you should get an archive.
Can you please take a picture again of the folder where those files are?
Oh, and to change the extension do this:GO in ANY folder and then select Tools>Folder options and go to view.
Go down and make sure that "Hide extensions..." is not marked.
Now you should see the .rar extension.
Or you could do this:
Open 001 joiner and open the file:Sonic adventure.selfboot.7z
Now click "Join".
That should do it.
Hope it works :)

OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
Upon opening 001 Joiner I find the following problem
001 Joiner
"Component 'PICCLP32.OCX' or one of its dependancies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

So I also unmarked the "Hide extensions..." tab and it didn't change anything. The folder looks the same as provided and it is located in My Documents...

Another thing is that I found another, already batched MDF file, that I'm pretty sure it works only, I got the IO Control error before even starting the game... So I got Frog ASPI and then switched to the ASPI Driver and the error went away but, I can't even get to the main menu in the game, although it's past the Sega Logo. I can't get it to run... I'm going to try different ASPI Drivers... I hope you can help me bro, I'm not getting to far with this Emulator....

Cobrax1884

Banned
Weird, i didn't get that error, try this one:
http://www.topshareware.com/downloa...ww.silvermaine.co.uk/downloads/001_joiner.zip
I tried it and it worked for me, no error.
After that go and join the files, extract the archive and mount it with alcohool120%.
Be sure that chankast is configured properly and then start the emulation.
Now it should work but i warn you, even though the speed is good, very few levels work good because most of them have weird polygons like city escape or iron gate.
You better take a save from gamefaqs and put it in the vms.bin file or go in the chankast thread "sonic adventure 2 players MUST read this(nvidia players)"
and go to the last page and download that save.Extract the files in the chankast folder and then start the game.
you'll have all the emblems, ghz, and the game completed with all A ranks.
Good luck and have :party:

OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
I still face that error even when downloading from that link... I'm not sure if 001 Joiner will work for me :(

OP
T

Thundaar

1&OnlY ThUnDeR K1d
UPDATE: I am now using K-werkx Inc. Fast File Saw and Joiner and so far so good, I'll edit this when I've gotten results