What's new

High Priority with Intel Core 2 Duo?

A.I.

Banned
Is there any point running my apps like PJ64 on high priority with my Intel Core 2 Duo? Like am I really going to notice any speed improvement with this beast? I have a GeForce 8600 GTS. And other stuff like ms runtimes, directx updates; are they really necessarys cos my machine runs damn fast and i want to know how safe they are running them and if they're really for older machines with speed issues. I dont want to stuff up my os system.

BTW how do i enable high priority with tweak ui so you dont need to go into task manager so all you need to do is right click - im little hazy what to do exactly and Google came up with a lot of gobble dock.

Clements

Raising the priority probably won't help with a strong CPU unless perhaps you have another CPU hungry application competing for CPU cycles like a virus scanner. Almost all N64 games should be fullspeed anyway.

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
I think i did notice a slight difference with performance when i ran Glide on high priority though, unless it was my imagination...

Also please i really need to know how to enable high priority in tweak ui so you dont have to go in task manager.

Clements

You don't need TweakUI.

Create a batch file with the following contents in your PJ64 folder:

cmd /c start /High Project64.exe

Save it, and double click it. Replace High with Realtime / AboveNormal / Normal / BelowNormal / Low for the other settings.

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
Thanks, Clements but i just want to right click and select high priority that way which i use to but for the life of me i cant remember how except i did it with tweak ui somehow.

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
On a unrelated issue, my computer has sometimes been freezing when I've ejected discs from both of my drives. The tek guy reckoned the system can get unstable when you install too much too soon, so he repaired windows or so he told me but after a week of getting my computer I'm still experiencing hangups, though admitedly most of them was when I was installing software, but still this shouldn't happen on a new system, should it?

smcd

Sounds like a load of rubbish honestly. Not sure what is causing the issue though.