What's new

Hi, two probably stupid questions

tcg225

Thanks for the release! I posted these questions on the main thread but I didn't get an answer so I thought I'd make a new topic, sorry if that's not allowed. Anyway, I quickly read throught the manual and did some board searches but didn't find an answer to my question so here it is:

1) I just quickly tried Goldeneye and Mario Kart, and as soon as I launch the game, I lose control of the 1964 menu buttons, and I can't click on anything around the window either. The only way to quit the game is to kill the 1964.exe process. Is there a fix for this?

2) This might just be an inherent problem with the N64, but I'm trying to set up traditional PC FPS controls on Goldeneye just for fun, and I have everything working except the mouse aim, it's always too laggy even when I bump up the sensitivity levels and I change the analog stick range to 100% and uncheck N64 real range. Is there any way to speed up the movement?

jollyrancher

This is a longshot, but if you run 1964 at a higher windows priority it can cause keyboard and mouse problems. Are you running any performance-enhancing utilities?

OP
T

tcg225

jollyrancher said:
This is a longshot, but if you run 1964 at a higher windows priority it can cause keyboard and mouse problems. Are you running any performance-enhancing utilities?

I don't believe so. Though I have been wanting to format soon because I haven't formatted in a while and I've probably built up a lot of crap on my computer. My system specs are as follows:

Athlon XP 1700+
512mb sdram
GeForce4 TI 4400 (52.16)
SB Live Value
Windows XP/SP1

I'll play around with different drivers as well. What happens is, as soon as I launch any game, the mouse is basically "captured" by the 1964 window. I can move the mouse out of the window, and if I click with it it'll click in game. One possibility that may have caused this is that I set the mouse axis for the analog pad movement, maybe that has something to do with it? I'll fiddle around with that right now.

jollyrancher

If you're using the NRage input plugin you might have locked your mouse... so go into the input settings and click the shortcuts tab and see what's set for the "lock/unlock mouse" shortcut and then use that key to unlock the mouse so you can access the 1964 menus.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
tcg225 said:
1) I just quickly tried Goldeneye and Mario Kart, and as soon as I launch the game, I lose control of the 1964 menu buttons, and I can't click on anything around the window either. The only way to quit the game is to kill the 1964.exe process. Is there a fix for this?

this is an issue of rice plugin (if not the mouse lock in nrage plugin), and occurs when you use another video plugin, then change to rice without restart emulator....
this will be fixed in next release.....
(if this is because of the nrage plugin, use alt-f4 to close the emulator, then restart....)

tcg225 said:
2) This might just be an inherent problem with the N64, but I'm trying to set up traditional PC FPS controls on Goldeneye just for fun, and I have everything working except the mouse aim, it's always too laggy even when I bump up the sensitivity levels and I change the analog stick range to 100% and uncheck N64 real range. Is there any way to speed up the movement?

i have an optimized controls setup for goldeneye, is like quake, hl or max payne, pm me if you have interest....
this setup are very fast in normal movement (about 400% sensivity), and when i press mouse button 2 he enters in manual aim mode and slows the movement to 50% sensivity, to make easy the aim.

about the little lag in precision: the real n64 controller is not precise in his movements, i'm an experienced GE64 player (in the real hardware). Go play CS if you need more precision... :p

Last edited: