What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Hi i'm new and have a few questions.

Kokopelli13

Hi i'm new here and think these projects are very cool, but have a few questions.

When you are making the new textures (using Rices Video Plugin so you can load them) for a game how do you know what to name the folder, ( e.g. C:/Program Files/Project 64/Plugins/hires_textures/The Legend of Zelda/Market Place )like take the example there how does the plugin know to load the texture in market place folder for the market place in Zelda? And how do you know to name the folder that? And how do you know what to name the textures? (e.g. One of the Zelda textures name is: THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#EDD02BC3#0#2_all.png) And if I wanted to make a texture pack how'ed i go about doing that?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
AFAIK, the plugin names the files/folders during the texture dumping process.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
I'm not an expert, but i believe you go through the game (Perhaps entirely if you want a full set of textures) with the texture dumping on, and then you can just modify them and it shall just plain work. I'm not sure where hires textures are stored, but its probably just the same place as where it gets dumped at. I could check the source, but i'm too damn lazy >_< Someone else here will probably know more, like, perhaps, someone whos done it before :)

M[u]ddy

The important part is "C:/Program Files/Project 64/Plugins/hires_textures/The Legend of Zelda/".
The "Market Place" is just for you personal orientation.

M[u]ddy

Still struck with personal issues.
My live got totally messed up and it's still getting worse,
but I hope I will soon be able to post some progress.