What's new

Hi! How R U emulation World?

programad

:pj64:
Hi everybody! Im newbie on Emulation, and i have to congratulate the programmers that made project64, Its just GREAT!
I want to ask you a thing:
can u recommend me a emulator and a plugin for mu PC? what is the ideal configuration for my PC?:
AMD DURON650 128MBSDRAM-PC133 GF2MX200-32MB BIOSTAR M7VKB MAXTOR ATA100 40GB .
can u introduce me on Emulation World?
Tnx for everybody! and... EMULATE IT!:colgate:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
:eek:
your a bit slow for PJ64.. try with Azimer's audio and "Send Audio Lists to Audio plugin" enabled, some games should be fast enough, or try 1964 with PJ64 plugins.

Last edited:

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
maybe someone should create a "which emu should i use" php website. That let's you insert your specs and tells what kinda emu you probebly can use. (maybe smiff ? ? ? :) )

Eagle

aka Alshain
Malcolm said:
no, your question was valid

Actually yours was better than most. Half the newbies come in here and say nothing but, "How do I get PJ64 to work on my computer?"

Lutomes

Grand High Emperor
I don't think programad's specs are too slow. I'm running a P3 733, 256mb 133sdram, 32mb geforce1. And most games run fine, the only ones I've had any real slowdown are the really high end games like Conkers Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, Zelda MM. I know my pc is a bit better than his but not by much. I just run the default settings on default plugins.

yeah but pj64 is highly optimised for the intel chips (for some reason? guessing it was complied/created for them...) so you need another 100mhz or so with a compareable AMD chip... an 850 duron would do you fine and they cost penuts these days :)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
it's just that jabo has some good SSE optimisations... and guess what early AMD chips did not have... SSE!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Has anyone tested glide64 + wrapper?
For me it actually runs faster than with jabo's at the same quality.