What's new

hi from italy!

newspawn

i tried to load Donkey Kong 64 with many video plugin but i had the same result. The game freezes after i pressed start ( in the screen with the zip ). Is there a solution?

i tried also to load jet force gemini with many video plugin and i found thet the working plugin is jabo direct D6. Is there a file with the correct plugin for each game?

thank you and sorry for my bad english :blush:

ps. i have a p4 1800mhz and a geforce2

Last edited:

goteki

Not Interested
hi newspawn,

no problem understanding your English, it's probably better than mine at the best of times ;)

this problem is mentioned in the Project64 GameFAQ.
It states under known core issues that there are "timing problems - supplied with Counter Factor set to 4 to avoid various problem (parts of game hanging, other strange problems). The problem with this is that the video is not as smooth as it should be.".

I highly recommend you download Project64 and use the GameFAQ as a reference for when you have issues. Quite often the same issues apply when using 1964, as do the game fixes.

A few possible solutions:

1. I'm not sure if they are saying that you should try setting counter factor to 4 for the game or that it comes set at 4. Right-click on the rom in the 1964 rom browser and go to rom settings, try messing with counter factor settings. Also try turning advanced block linking off, that also helps make some games smoother.

2. You can try using another video plugin, have you tried Jabo's D3D 6, Rice's Video 6.1.0b, or Direct64 0.5 ALPHA? I find that in a lot of cases where Rice's or Jabo's doesn't work or is glitchy, that Direct64 works fine.

3. Make sure all of your system drivers are up to date!

Also, ensure you list all video, RSP, and sound plugins you're using / have tried, and list your full system specs (CPU, RAM, sound card, video card, and DirectX version) when you post. It's helpful to know just in case it's a hardware specific issue.

Hope this all helps in some way!

Cheers

Last edited: