What's new

Hey, You Pikachu!!! Why don't you LISTEN TO ME!!

ZombieKirby

HEEEELLLP!!! Is there a plugin for a micrphone, because I can't get past the begining of Hey you Pikachu!
Is there any way of getting my mic. to work?:huh:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
The voicepak would have to be emulated too, and AFAIK nobody outside of Nintendo knows the exact specs on how it works.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Yeah I had not thought of that.

I understand why an emu programmer may find it interesting to get this working someday, but for myself, very bad game IMO. My 7 year old like it though on his real N64, so to each thier own I guess. :)

OP
ZombieKirby

ZombieKirby

NUTS! I was Kinda wandering what that game was like, It's been so long since I've Cussed out Pikachu!!
oh, well I guess I'll find another way! :happy:

decription

contact N-rage about it. He did rumble,memory adn transper pack, knowing him he'd probably be able to do it.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
decription said:
contact N-rage about it. He did rumble,memory adn transper pack, knowing him he'd probably be able to do it.

The thing is, the memory paks are dirt simple (almost exactly the same protocol as any other saving), as is rumble (again) and transfer (very similar to save).

The voice pak is VERY complicated and does a heck of a lot more than any of the other accessories.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
From what i know, the voice pak interface is not very hard to emulate hence it works with an adaptoid on pj64 for example. This thing works like this:
- the programmer enter a list of words (in text format)
- then the voice pak is waiting for a word from the user
- then it's analysed, cut into syllabes and the voice pak return the closest word that is in the list to the n64.

This process is done by a special dsp, we do not necessarily have to reverse how this chip is working but we need functions that'll analyse a sound sample and will be able to do voice recognition. As you would imagine, doing this by software would take a lot of processor time and you have to do many complex research to understand how to cut a word into syllabes.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Hacktarux said:
From what i know, the voice pak interface is not very hard to emulate hence it works with an adaptoid on pj64 for example. This thing works like this:
- the programmer enter a list of words (in text format)
- then the voice pak is waiting for a word from the user
- then it's analysed, cut into syllabes and the voice pak return the closest word that is in the list to the n64.

This process is done by a special dsp, we do not necessarily have to reverse how this chip is working but we need functions that'll analyse a sound sample and will be able to do voice recognition. As you would imagine, doing this by software would take a lot of processor time and you have to do many complex research to understand how to cut a word into syllabes.

Well, yeah, that's what I was talking about. The analysis. We don't know exactly how Ninty's analysis works... though now that I think about it, we don't really have to, as long as the plugin tells the game what you're saying correctly.

seec77

Tagrineth, if what you say is true, and i think it is....
then someone can do it quite easily, he can even use the mircosoft direct voice to text thing....
if someone does this, please contact me at: [email protected]

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
seec77 said:
Tagrineth, if what you say is true, and i think it is....
then someone can do it quite easily, he can even use the mircosoft direct voice to text thing....
if someone does this, please contact me at: [email protected]

Someone will have to grab output from the voice pak and figure out just what it's telling the game, though, before it can be emulated using a regular PC microphone. I honestly doubt DirectX's voice protocols output the same data as the voice pak.

seec77

so someone has to take the text output from the direct voice to text, and translate it to something n64 understands.....
if only more games would come out with this feature, though i don't think there will be any more games for the n64...
:|

Maybe Hacktarux should do a little research, because he's just the N64-emulation master (he also created a great RSP) and he might find out what the voice-pak "exactly" is doing.

XxCrashxX

I think an interesting idea would be to just emulate the commands themselves so as to make the keyboard how you give ol' pikachu commands.

like map certain commands on the keyboard
or maybe even just type what you want to say
this would be much simpeler than trying to emulate the voice analysis

that is if all your interested in is seeing what the game is like

alexa999

Banned
You know what? If someone were to invest some serious time into emulating the mic pack and they did it and posted it here, and stickyed it then it would probably prevent about 50-100 posts asking about Hey you pickachu. I'm also suprised that all you guys are posting so much here and with so much info, usually in the hey you pickachu topics one or two people say there is absolutely no way to emulate the mic pack except mabye if you have an adaptoid and use it with a mic pack. Whats going on here?

JesterMan

ok just thinking

ok this is probably very wrong and ive never done anything like this so it'll probably be impossible but,

i read this article on the mic stuff for hey you pikachu and i saw the post on it having to recognize syllables to make up words. Has anyone hear heard of dragon speak? its a program that takes mic input and outputs it as words for typing...

anyone who wants to try and make this plugin might want to check and see how that program works.

talker

And you cud'n post in a older thread? ..>.>

look at the last re-play to this threas. 2003.. :yawn: