What's new

Hey smiff, somebody, Heeeelp me

bodie

I wonder what smiff is trying to say ? :plain: ..i don't know but i would hazard a guess it contains the word shit .. it is a conundrum :p:p:p :pissed: .. this thread should have been headed :how to piss people off in 200 not so easy steps ..
again :p

N-Rage

Re: Shit Shiznit Shite Crap Poo Brownie

Gouk said:
Hey there Smiff :alien:

You do have a strange obsession with the word 'shit' :devil: dont you.

Project64 is the shit :pj64: :D ;)

he just was sharing some shit with us. *eeek*

Maybe Jabo just hasn't tapped too many of those obscure nVidia-introduced thingies ATI hasn't included in their Radeon drivers yet.

those thingies werent from nvidia, but from M$... theres not a single Card i know that has ALL & EVERY DirectX Function.
Nvidia & ATI are closest for a full featureset, but still not there. Most Games only use a fraction of it anyways.

Gouk

???

I still find it strange that the sound skips or crackles on PJ64 1.3 in Zelda MoM on the Overworld and Town taking into consideration my specs and I have tried all sound plugins, turned audio sync on and off, and closed other tasks.

Anyone got a solution to this?

Here is what plugins I use currently:

Jabo Direct3D6 1.30
Jabo DirectSound 1.30
Jabo DirectInput7 1.30

Video Settings:

Direct 3D HAL
Fullscreen Res: 640x480 & also 1280x960
Tripple Buffer CHECKED
Geometry EXTERNAL
Use 32bit textures instead of 16 CHECKED
Frame Buffer NONE

Audio Settings:

Audio Sync ON (also tried it off and other sound plugins.
Force Bilinear Filter CHECKED

sk8bloke22

roll for life
1) dont audio sync ur audio plugin
2) i would use jabos directsound 1.3 and use the wav2log thingy (i think the plugin has one, cant remember, so wat i said could just be bullshit, but i find that generally works best).
3) Use internal transforms in the geometry thing. most games will look much better.

must say, smiff really is funny. jjust a word of advice, try and make ur self clearer next time.

Smiff:
No, Jabo couldn't do it on your Rage128, because... it's too shit!

I used to hav that card, and yeh it did work with lots of commercial games. but trust me, when it comes to new direct X games, like from DX6 upwards (which catagorises A LOT of stuff), NVIDIA cards hav been the best since the original TNT. ATI Rage cards had shite drivers, awful, i mean totally awful opengl support, but not bad dx (up to around) DX5 support.

actually, just wondering HOW A Rage MAXX performs on pj64, that was the first 64mb card (although thats not entirely true) and came out around the same time as the first geforce, so im surprised very few ppl hav issues with it...

Smiff

Emutalk Member
my guess is a MAXX would be shit, cos its the chipset that matters, amount of RAM isnt very relevant, the plugin is very anally retentive (=efficient) about RAM use.

rtb

i have a NVidia TNT2 32 meg. is it good or bad? (it's placed wrong in the case, no room for cooler to be useful):hrm:

Slougi

rtb said:
i have a NVidia TNT2 32 meg. is it good or bad? (it's placed wrong in the case, no room for cooler to be useful):hrm:
It's ok. If you use high resolutions+anicotropic+anti-alisaing or something it may be a bit slow though...

Moonlight

To N-Rrage : M$ doesn't add stuff all by its own. The DX additions are usually selected from what developers have been asking and what 3D chip manufacturers are planning to implement in the near future. But yes, most implementations are quite partial.

nVidia was the first to propose programmable shaders to M$ so DX8.0 got nVidia's shader implementation. Then ATI came up with their shader architecture and support for it was included in DX8.1

So, if Jabo was to make his D3D 1.5 plugin with DX8.1 shaders, he'd have to choose between nVidia, ATI or both. Supporting only one would leave half the people in the dust. That's the kind of nightmare M$ was supposed to avoid when they started hyping DirectX.