What's new

hey I'm afraid with my monitor :( heeeelp mee

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
Yeah, those problems dont' sound like mine at all. Your <a href=http://www.mocc.ca/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=14&products_id=896>monitor</a> also uses Invar shadow mask, so different technology from mine.

MiretanK.O said:
so, also you zAlbee hangs with a problematic monitor? maybe I just need to learn how to live in peace with my troublesome screen..
nope, i leave that monitor with the P133 that I gave to my parents' workplace. It gets turned on once a month or so :). I'd be pretty annoyed if I was using it everyday.

so, get it replaced, that's the best option.

Vchat20

mines got a slightly simsilar problem here. about the top centimeter of the viewable screen has curled back and rolled down (sort of like what happens on some monitors when you adjust the screen to one side too far and part of the screen rolls back) and each horizontal line of pixels of that curled back section is separated.

so right now im running 1152x864x70hz and im missing the title bar and just a smidge off the top of the menu bar. the part that is rolled back reaches down as far as the bottom of the up scroll button in firefox (right now i just have the menu bar, button/address/search bar, and the bookmarks toolbar). only way ive found to temporarily fix it is to slightly tilt the monitor to one side.

but its been doing this for quite some time and its shown no sign of kicking the bucket so im not too worried. plus ive got a spare available in case it does.