What's new

here's some cool idea's for the next release of dolphin!!

M

mainframe19

how a frame skip option in the emu.like in snes emus.and a save state, and load state option.

because i think there willl me way more games that will be playable in the next release!

right now, i can play sonic dx, and raymon3, timesplitters2, in dolphin.but just can't save..so asave state optoin, and load state option in dolphin is a must, and maybe and disable all error's box too ...

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Eh? Have you even thought of those?

1. I don't think they want suggestions..
2. Those require one hell of a PC.
3. Probably no. Just.. no. ._.

Knuckles

As I already said , just look at an N64 save state, for Perfect Dark, 32MB N64 rom , a save state is 8MB, 1/4 of the game size, look for Gamecube.... 1.4G /4 = 350MB Save State.........

1st: would take a lot of time (and space)
2nd : big for nothing

and actually, I tought the team wasn't accepting any requests? :huh:

V99

pwner
Knuckles said:
As I already said , just look at an N64 save state, for Perfect Dark, 32MB N64 rom , a save state is 8MB, 1/4 of the game size, look for Gamecube.... 1.4G /4 = 350MB Save State.........

350mb........:naughty:

Quvack

Knuckles said:

I dont think its really decided by the size of the game itself, its mostly taken up by the amount of ram the console being emulated has all up, and the states of all the registers, etc. But regardless it'd be a rather decent sized file for a gamecube game.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
What do you mean by "mostly taken"? Savestates are like shots of the ram of each system. Of course there are also some other things that take place but they don't affect the size of the savestate so much (in theory). Don't be so kind with Knuckles, he simply made a mistake :p

Last edited:
OP
M

mainframe19

Knuckles said:

ha! man, i read the rules here before posting! and havee found nothing saying no requests!! or idea's for the emu...

mainframe19 ... i think those are some cool ideas ... awesome ideas.

350mb savestate? ... i didn't know the GC had that much RAM. a RAM dump would be about 24mb or 64mb ... depending on if it's a system or system and video RAM dumpstack. (GC system ram is 24 and not 40 right? ... i get them mixed up)

what i think would be a cool idea would maybe be for the Dolphin programmers to post sub routines and functions and other algorithems ... seeing as how i could personally do benchmarking and testing to see if i could make a faster, more efficient algorithem or whatever. it wouldn't expose the Dolphin's source and it would help the Dolphin to be more efficient and faster.

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
mainframe19 said:
ha! man, i read the rules here before posting! and havee found nothing saying no requests!! or idea's for the emu...
What does the title of this topic say then? Let's have a look:
Dumbass...

Clements

I noticed someone modified mainframe19's sig again, although it wasn't me this time! :happy:

JinXD

DarthDazDC said:
What does the title of this topic say then? Let's have a look:
Dumbass...
Read his post again, you'll find that you're the dumbass!! :D

JinXD

You quoted his post:

mainframe19 said:
Then you start talkin bout the thread topic:
"here's some cool idea's for the next release of dolphin!!"

So why call him a Dumbass?

EDIT: OT but just realised what Clements meant by mainframe19's sig, lmao :D

Last edited:

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
In the quote he said that he was lookin all over the topic and found no trace of sayin about ideas. But then I noticed the title of the topic that said 'some cool ideas' so i called him a dumbass for sayin that he didnt say that he was suggestin an idea.

Allnatural

DarthDazDC said:
In the quote he said that he was lookin all over the topic and found no trace of sayin about ideas. But then I noticed the title of the topic that said 'some cool ideas' so i called him a dumbass for sayin that he didnt say that he was suggestin an idea.
And then I said that you said that he said that we all said to shut the fuck up. :)