What's new

Here it is, the Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 plugin binary

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Rice said:
It is developed with Geforce2 video card only, for other video card, I believe there will be few or many combiner (Alpha blending) problem because different video card is implemented DirectX support differently.

might want to use Jabos for a while or Glide64 + evoodoo... (Next Release)

SSonicHedgehog

Re: Re: Here it is, the Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 plugin binary

CpU MasteR said:

might want to use Jabos for a while or Glide64 + evoodoo... (Next Release)

Jabos has 2d texture problems on intell chipset and i can't get Glide64 or evoodoo to work right

i'm trying to find a good plugin for intell chipset cards

this one looked good for awhile
i just want to know why 0.07b worked and 0.08 doesn't
and i asked if it was possable to add support (even if it's very limited) for the intell chipsets

because it's built-in to my mother board (the video card) i can't change it and any time i try to disable it my computer messes up
other wise i would have updated my video card already so that i wouldn't have to worry about this stuff

also i can't get any Glide wrappers to work at all

zorbid

Then stick to 0.07b... ;) You might want to try StrmnNrmn's version of the deadalus plugin, or wait for the upcoming release of glide64+eVoodoo3. About the missing textures a part of the problem is the 8Mb only video memory that your "card" has.

Last edited:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Re: Re: Re: Here it is, the Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 plugin binary

SSonicHedgehog said:

Jabos has 2d texture problems on intell chipset and i can't get Glide64 or evoodoo to work right

and i asked if it was possable to add support (even if it's very limited) for the intell chipsets

because it's built-in to my mother board (the video card) i can't change it and any time i try to disable it my computer messes up
other wise i would have updated my video card already so that i wouldn't have to worry about this stuff

Wait until the next release then...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: Re: Re: Here it is, the Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 plugin binary

SSonicHedgehog said:

No, no plugin will work on such a crappy card!
Go buy yourself another card, dammit! There's lots of 'em, especially geforce, which are very cheap now!

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Re: Re: Re: Re: Here it is, the Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 plugin binary

Doomulation said:

No, no plugin will work on such a crappy card!
Go buy yourself another card, dammit! There's lots of 'em, especially geforce, which are very cheap now!

You dont get it doom, If it is INTIGRATED , then you cannot replace it... You will have to destroy the mobo inorder to replace it... in Most Chipsets, you cant add anything due to lack of PCI and AGP ports.. I insist you dont assume anything for something you have not had... As far as i know, Glide64 + eVoodoo (NEXT RELEASE!), Jabos Direct3D work under this card... Quit being a dick to people who have crappy cards, it is not their fault... :plain2:

Doomulation

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here it is, the Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 plugin binary

CpU MasteR said:

You dont get it doom, If it is INTIGRATED , then you cannot replace it... You will have to destroy the mobo inorder to replace it... in Most Chipsets, you cant add anything due to lack of PCI and AGP ports.. I insist you dont assume anything for something you have not had... As far as i know, Glide64 + eVoodoo (NEXT RELEASE!), Jabos Direct3D work under this card... Quit being a dick to people who have crappy cards, it is not their fault... :plain2:
Quit being a dick on me!
Change the goddamn mobo then!
Besides, this crappy system is not sold anymore!
Make them complain on the companies they got it from, make sure they pay! 'Cuz that is such a crappy card, that's unbelieveable that any game nor emulation works on it!

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here it is, the Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 plugin binary

Doomulation said:

Besides, this crappy system is not sold anymore!

Wrong, it is still being sold (IE: Intel Chipset 815E) but now with PCI Slots... The fact still remains that their is still intigrated video

Now that you know alot better about this type of GFX Chipset, I will expect that you will know what to say instead of being a total asshole about it...

sk8bloke22

roll for life
okay its not the easiest thing to change a motherboard, i for one wouldnt probably know where to start. also im sure most ppl with such setups dont wanna change their pc just for an emu.

ssonic the hedgehog: the unofficial 0.08 is very buggy at the moment, and that could partly suggest why u cant get it to work. hav u tried strmn nrmn's official new release (0.08bpre3 i think) that was released yesterday...i dont think any of the news posters hav seen the update on the daedalus page :/

anyway, go to daedalus.boob.co.uk and grab it. none of the big issues that were in strmn nrmn's first release of D3d0.08 are their, so u might get a better result with ur gfx card.

Doomulation

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here it is, the Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 plugin binary

CpU MasteR said:

Wrong, it is still being sold (IE: Intel Chipset 815E) but now with PCI Slots... The fact still remains that their is still intigrated video

Now that you know alot better about this type of GFX Chipset, I will expect that you will know what to say instead of being a total asshole about it...
Stop being an asshole on me!
I can't believe the stupid card is sold when you buy a new computer. They must know that it's crap by now!
All new computers i see always have geforces as gfx cards!

And you said that the new has "pci slots", right? Perhaps this dude has it too?
Doesn't matter anyway...

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here it is, the Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 plugin binary

Doomulation said:

I can't believe the stupid card is sold when you buy a new computer. They must know that it's crap by now!

Doesn't matter anyway...

OK, Lets set some things straight here...

Doomulation said:

Quit Being an Asshole to people with Crappy video cards..

Doomulation said:

Here is a thought... If you are a person whi has no clue about computers, what could you buy? A Top of the line computer having no idea what kind of power it has, or buy a simple computer to use for work and school not to mention cheap... Making the computer lower than Top of the line computers make n00bs (not assuming that SSonicHedgehog is a n00b) more atraccted to those kinds of computers...

Doomulation said:

Do me a favor, you go to a couple of computers at a computer store, Start -> Run -> DXdiag.. You go to the Display tab and look what kind of GFX Card it has...

Doomulation said:

He might, but it still sucks to run a GFX Card using PCI instead of AGP..

Doomulation said:
Doesn't matter anyway...

Yes it does, becuase the reason for this forum it to help people, not insult peoples hardware...

linker

Emutalk Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here it is, the Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 plugin binary

Doomulation said:

Doesn't matter anyway...

I don't know who's the asshole, but you didn't help the guy in any way.

jih2000

Its fairly simple,

I expect there will be either a jumper on the motherboard that will disable the video card or it can be done in the bios via software! Well this is the case for 90% of motherboards, I disabled my SB1024 on my motherboard using just the bios!!!!!! and put in an audigy.

Just look in the manual under integrated graphics chipset or under the motherboard schematic and see if there is a disable intel graphics jumper. Another indicator that this is possible is if the motherboard has an AGP slot eg why put a slot there if it is not possible to disable the onboard graphics :)

If you don't have the motherboard manual, check the make and version by reading it from the bootup or off of the main board eg gigabyte-7dx and then go to the manufactures website and download the manual, lots provide manuals online or the information is available on enthusiast websites.

Then buy a geforce/ati radeon... as intel is crap as i have tried using those cards with pc games :)

MartyMcFly

sk8bloke22

roll for life
yeh, but as cpumaster said, some intel motherboards dont even hav agp/pci slots. they are the real cheap shit. so even thats not possible.