What's new

help

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
helphelphelp said:
my dreamcast is reaked and the cable is not here so wht do i do about the bios
:term: :term: :term: :term:

Try finding one online. This has been said alot of times, but here it is again: Google is your friend. Nobody here can tell you where to find one, unless they want to be banned. Just do some hunting, you'll find one.

helphelphelp said:
can chankast use copied dreamcast games
:alien2: :alien2: :alien2: :alien2: :smurf: :party:

CD-R copies and images are the ONLY games that Chankast can play, as no PC CD/DVD drive can read original retail copies of DC games.

Player1

I have everything that is needed to use chankast but I can't get it to work at all. It's been hours since I started reading FAQ's and nothing has helped me yet. I need someone to walk me through this.

spunky

mad dog...
Player1 said:
I need someone to walk me through this.
no, you need a brain.

what is here? the meeting place for idiots?

sorry...
icecream.gif

Clements

You really need to say more than "It's not working" before we can help you. For all we know you are feeding GD-ROMs into your toaster.

Trotterwatch

Clements said:
You really need to say more than "It's not working" before we can help you. For all we know you are feeding GD-ROMs into your toaster.
And that won't work? Damn that maybe is where I've been going wrong!

Gill

Banned
Player1 said:
I have everything that is needed to use chankast but I can't get it to work at all. It's been hours since I started reading FAQ's and nothing has helped me yet. I need someone to walk me through this.

Do you have both the bios AND flash.bin?
have you made sure to test chankast with a game that is KNOWN to work
we have made a compatibility listfor chankast take a look at it
Have you made sure you have met the requirements for this emu. Your CPU should be at least 2.0ghz and you will need a decent graphics card?
this is the kind of info we need from you not

"rofl it not work please welp me!"

Player1

I understand what you all were saying, I was totally frustrated before. OK, I have the newsest version of chankcast (v0.25) I have a self bootable game (sonic adventure,SFA3,SF3 I did use the capcom hack when trying to play either SF game) I have a new Dell notebook (2.66Ghz,384RAM,ATI Radeon64 Mbit it think) as far as bios go I dl dc_bio.bin(Ip BIN file) and I have dc_flash.
I also have mounted the Image with Deamon tools (Sonic Adventure selfbootable.CCD) i set the CD-rom pulgin right, but when I try to run any game "can't read dc_bio.bin".

Player1

I have dc_bios.bin but it still says it can't read it. I've tried putting it in rar, zipped and unzipped format and still nothing.

Player1

Ok, I got the emu to start but now it won't start any of my selfbooting games (they are compatable) I have to set the date and timme twice then it goes to the screen where you can start the game check the VMU play music, ETC. Then when I try to start the game it starts the whole process over again from where I have to set the date and time. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening?

Jamesch

I have the same problem if I choose play there is a bit of black screen and then the dreamcast logo again. Sometimes after the logo it's not the main menu, instead I'm in the Music menu where I can change between 2 tracks. It seems that the emu may have recognized the virtual cd(I'm trying with crazy taxi 2) but it just wont start the game.
I tried making the flash file write protected, but it didnt seem to make any change?
Any recommendations...?