What's new

Help!

Hellpme

Hello

I have a AMD AthlonMP 1200MHz with 256Mb DDR plus a Geforce2 MX400 and a sound blaster 5.1 running Win98

I wont to run Goldeneye but it runs slow, what is the best N64emu to run it on? And what rev of it? What is the fastest OS to run it on? Will an upgrade to 512Mb of DDR help? And if I got A 50hz copy instead of my 60hz will it run better? And will it be legal or will I have to bye a 50hz game cart to?

Thank you for the help:eek:)
:cry:

Trotterwatch

I wont to run Goldeneye but it runs slow, what is the best N64emu to run it on?

Try the latest version of 1964

What is the fastest OS to run it on?

WinXP or 2000, though 98 is good enough (just avoid Win ME)

Will an upgrade to 512Mb of DDR help?

Definately if you used XP or 2K, less so if you used 98

And if I got A 50hz copy instead of my 60hz will it run better?

I think it would run slightly better, but best of someone else answering that question for you

And will it be legal or will I have to bye a 50hz game cart to?

It's illegal regardless.

OP
H

Hellpme

Dual CPU?

Hello

Are any N64 emus compatible whith dual CPUs? Because if they are I can get one new MP1200 CPU and WINXP. Or will it not do a lot to help the speed?

Thanks

Trotterwatch

I doubt any of the emulators support Dual CPUs directly, but if you are using XP and have dual CPUs (providing you use XP Pro), then it will dedicate one of them to running the OS in the background which should provide a boost albeit small.

Maximal speed:

Use Jabo's direct3d 1.30 + Azimer's audio 0.13b + input of your choice. A lower resolution will always boost your speed. You can use 640x480 as resolution or use 16 bit color instead of 32.

OP
H

Hellpme

Hi

Hi
Yes the jambo 1.3 was fast I am now runing at 320 by 200 in 16 bit it looks ok on a TV:holiday:

Thank you all:D