What's new

Help with Video

marational

I read the FAQ and the chankast help thing, and after getting the BIOS, the emulator and a few games, I tried it. At first after mounting Sonic Adventure 2 which is from Echelon, I tried it with both cd plugins, one jsut giving me an error message, and the other, giving me a grey screen with a a darker grey box. The dreamcast logo played, but I was only able to hear the sound, and after a few seconds, the screen went black, adn then I got the error message. This happened as well with Capcom vs SNK 2. Then with MvsC2, after enabling a few of the options, and using the xxx cd rom plugin, the swirl in the intro was visible yet still all grey, and it did not actually animate but just stay on a still frame with a grey swirl. Then the game actually sorta started up, the screen being all black, but after clicking start, the capcom logo came on. Once it came on,, I clicked start and i got the error message. I retired it not clicking start this time but after a second or two after the logo, I once again received the error message which if you're unsure, was the dreaded "chankast has encountered a problem and must close."
I'm not sure if my video card has anything to do with it, but it seems to pretty good and up to date and it has handled most good graphics stuff I've tried before. I'm probably wrong though.
Anyways if anyone can help that'd be great. Here's some images.

chank5hy.jpg

chank15kt.jpg

chank22xj.jpg

chank38ws.jpg

chank7gm.jpg

Last edited:

Clements

Oh boy, a Rage Pro (using MS drivers to boot). Possibly the worst graphics card ever conceived. You must upgrade it if you wish to use Chankast.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Man, I have a Rage Pro in my old computer with a Pentium 200MHz processor. It's worthless.

But yeah, you posted your graphics card info already. I apologize for not seeing it (for some reason).

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Your computer is excellent, all but for the graphics card. If you upgraded that then your computers performance would improve massively.

OP
M

marational

Oh okay... It's what came with it. I got a nvidia card like a year ago and its pretty good but its on my other computer.

Anyways, does that mean that the grey screen is all cause of my card?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
marational said:
Anyways, does that mean that the grey screen is all cause of my card?
Yes, and all the other graphics errors in those screenshots as well.