What's new

Help with Project Justice

dan_hayabusa

Hi there! I have just downloaded chankast but it just don't seem to work with my very old "burned" Project Justice CD... so I decided to download it with bittorrent. Once I have it... what's next? should I burn it to a cd and then to all the "DAEMON Mount Image" stuff? or should I just try to directly run it with chankast??

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Chankast works better with mounted CD images, so you don't have to burn it to a CD if you don't want to. This doesn't mean that the game doesn't work from a burned CD though (although ceratin games have trouble running when run from a CD)

Just remember to configure the CdRom plugin so that it points to the right drive + Project Justice is a Capcom game, so use Capcom Hack.

Setting up Daemon Tools isn't hard.

OP
D

dan_hayabusa

Hi thanx for the info man. But it just don't quite get it yet. I have dled the Project Justice game, and I have this 33 files called e-pjust.xx and one more file called e-pjust.sfv... but I don't see any Image file... no ISO's for instance. So what now, should I look for those ISO files? or am I ok with what I got??

Agozer

Looks like you have a split RAR archive, or some other compressed split archive (in 33 parts). One the first volume (file) of the batch in WinRAR and extract it to a folder. Other parts wil follow suit automatically.

OP
D

dan_hayabusa

Huh? but when I dled the torrent, it just came like that, with the 33 e-pjust files, and the e-pjust.sfv... I did not use winRAR to see those files. So what you're suggesting, is just compress all those 34 files and extract them to a folder??

OP
D

dan_hayabusa

DUDE!!! you're a frikin genius... I opened one of them with winRAR, and a winRAR window with "e_pjust.cdi"... damn! hehehe... and now what? should I extract every e-pjust.00x file? or should I just load that *.cdi (I just told u about) with daemon???

OP
D

dan_hayabusa

OK OK! I have loaded de .cdi image with daemon tools. Now I tried to run it with chankast but it doesn't load the game, all that it loads is the menu. But... sorry for the stupid question, but... if you're going to play the game with an IMAGE, not with a CD... then why the heck must we select a CD drive on the first place if we are not going to use a CD?? Hehe I'k a noob, sorry... what' next from loading the cd Image with Daemon??

OP
D

dan_hayabusa

Hehe sorry about that last post, I now get why the drive and the mounting Image stuff. But now I have a new problem, when I start Chankast it loads the image as if it was an audio cd. I have already put the wnaspi32.dll in system32, I'm using Daemon 3.29, and the cd input is at ASPI... so I don't know what to do now? please help me man, I'm this __ close to start playing, all I need is know how to load the image as a game, not an audio cd...Thanx in advance

Agozer

Disregarding your triple post for now, I'll answer a few questions in a random order for your enjoyment.

The reason why you must select a CD-ROM drive even though you are using a mounted image is quite simple. Daemon Tools emulates a CD/DVD-ROM drive, hence it works exactly the same way as a normal CD/DVD drive would (with a few differences of course). Chankast needs to know where to look for data, so you need to choose the Daemon Tools drive as the drive to use as a Cd-ROM drive. Pretty simple, no?

If you have problems with ASPI, switch to the CdRom xxx plugin. However, in many cases that won't probably remove the fact that Chankast still recognizes the image as an audio CD. Personally, I use Daemon Tools 4 and never had such a problem, nor so I know why Chankast detects some games as a simple audio CD.

It would be better if you had access to more games, so that you could test if the problem is just in the image itself.

OP
D

dan_hayabusa

Yeah, sorry for the triple posting... I tested with another game, it happened the same thing. Its just that its too hard to get DC games here, I don't know anyone who sell DC games, and it just takes too much time to download an ISO (it took at least 4 days with Project Justice). So, at least with Project Justice, do u have any other advice? Besides switching to Daemon 4, or setting the cdrom plugin to xxx [in other words, I have already tried those two]
Thanx in advance agozer

Agozer

You wouldn't be able to play real Dreamcast discs with chankast anyway, so there's no point in looking for games in stores unless you have an actual Dreamcast.

Mounted CD images and/or CD-R backups are the only options for Chankast.

As for the problem, I really can't say. Some people claim that getting ASPI to work or using DT 3.29 did it for them, others (like yourself and Bopig in his own thread) say that even that doesn't help. Maybe the CD image is funky, who knows.

Last edited:
OP
D

dan_hayabusa

alrite then! thanx anyway man... you've been really nice, unlike other users who just like to laugh at us newbies. I think the problem is that my Project Justice image is that it's not self-bootable, so I'll do all the Ex0skelet0r stuff.