What's new

Help with installing PJ64

aj_hix36

Hi, I was wondering if there were any ways that I could run PJ64 without having to do an admin install?
Thank you in advance.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
you should be able to install it to any location to which you have write access, and it should be ok.. have you tried e.g. %userprofile%\PJ64\ ?

Clements

Currently there is no way to do this, but you can install on a PC with Admin Rights then transfer the contents of Project64 folder to the PC with which you do not have rights.

Smiff said:
you should be able to install it to any location to which you have write access, and it should be ok.. have you tried e.g. %userprofile%\PJ64\ ?

I could not install PJ64 1.6 on my Universities' Network where I don't have Admin rights.

Last edited:
OP
A

aj_hix36

Oh man, i did it!
I figured out how to do it!
Right when it gets to the point where it came up with the error saying I couldn't write to the registry, I opened up the folder to which I had tryed to install, and copied all the files temporarily to a diffrent spot, and after the install closed, I copied them back over! Yay!

xamenus

This is one reason why I am not particularly fond of installers, at least for emulation. Simple zipfile releases or self-extracting archives would work great. Emulators should try to avoid using the registry as well, IMO.