What's new

Help with gfx

Telemako

Hi! First of all I want to congratulate you for your work.
Second ask you for help:
   I have a laptop, it's a Pentium3 850Mhz with an Ati Rage 8MB and 256 MB of Ram.
   When playing i have some gfx issues that don't appear in my other PC. For example, the smoke of the karts on SMK64 appears as a row of squares. Other example is that the text boxes appears with all the lines mixed up (MarioParty3). Resuming the game looks good, but some gfx (most of them textboxes or smoke effects or cloud effects) are bad.
   Another thing that I think is weird is that I only get 50 VI/s instead of the 60 suposed, and IMO the CPU is fast enough.
   I'm using 1964 with Rice Daedalus 5.1.0.d and NoSound plugin, so if you know any configuration or another plugin to help me, tell me please.

PD: Sorry for my english

revl8er

That Damn Good
The computer might be fast enough, but your gfx card is not powerful enough to run any game without gfx errors. You can try glide and evoodoo, but i don't think you will get full speed.

scotty

The Great One
That card is waaaaaaayy out dated, go and get yourself a newer one. 8MB is nothing, 32MB at least should be needed, 64MB recommended, optimal is whatever is best on the market

OP
Telemako

Telemako

I know that it's outdated but it is a laptop and I don't know how to open it without fucking it.
Thank you, the Glide64 worked nice, but one question: I unzipped the eVoodoo files where the instructions said (.dll on the emulator folder and the other one on the System folder), have I to do anything more?

Thanks again
HF
Tele