What's new

Help with FPS.

omeganight

I was reading people's post about how they are getting around 100+ fps in menu option for Capcom vs SNK 2 and around 60ish in game. I only get about half for both after capcom hack :( and I closed all unnecessary background programs off. Setting priority to above average doesn't help either.

Here is my computer spec.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 2.01GHz
Vid: Radeon x800
Memory: 1GB DDR-SDRAM

I don't have speedpig.util since I cant find any none broken links :(.
Can someone help? Thanks.

If you require additional information about my pc to help me please let me know. Thanks again :).

Kratos777

That's quite odd, you've got a decent proccesor there. Underclocking/overclocking (+ and - keys) the Dreamcast would get you some more fps.

...maybe you need to defrag or something and I'm sure you can overclock your proccesor much further than that providing you have a good mobo if you're up to it.

OP
O

omeganight

Thanks for your reply! I have tried using the overclock with chankast. If i push - to around 80 I gain some fps, but i can't decrease anymore after that since it limits the max fps to 30 and if I push + it just slows it down @@. Perhaps you can explain to me what defrag means? Thank you :).

Kratos777

Use Disk Defragmenter - click on start > all programs > accessories > system tools then the defrager should be there. Click on it then click on defragment and wait until it finishes (the red shows what needs to be defragmented).

cel123

that's strange man, I get 40-45 on cvs2 in my low spec computer....:plain:
or... you have a funky disc image
try turning off anti-aliasing,anisotrophic filtering and v-sync
dunno if that helps though

Last edited:

the_baddoggie

I think you'd better check if you have the latest catalyst drivers. and if you have a VIA based board that may be your problem too. check those drivers and keep them up to date. good luck.

OP
O

omeganight

Thanks :)! The previous 2 methods did improve the fps by few but not as much as I had hoped :(, but I'm very grateful they offered their suggestion.