What's new

help with eternall darkness

alphator

could you help me please?
I have download this game, renamed it in gcm... and it doesn't work. I see the game in the window but when i double click I have only a black screen and nothing else.
have you a solution for me?

BlueFalcon7

did you check the compat list? If Im correct, that game doesnt even boot, (actually Im too lazy to check myself) and even if you did get it to work, it will run at 5 FPS if your lucky.

Unfortunately, the dolphin cant run many games at playable speeds, the Gamecube and a standard PC are way too different to be able to emulate at efficient speeds now.

the reason we stay here and play these games at 3 FPS is to learn about stuff, learn about gaming and how the gamecube, and its games work.

spotanjo3

No, I do not believed all people would downloaded it off their own disk at all. Some of them even this person downloaded piracy I am sure. *ROLL EYES*

That is why piracy is illegal. Many people here would not admitted it, you know. They would say, oh yeah I downloaded it off my own disk, blah blah. Thats a lie, you know.

BoggyB

Rockmangames said:
They would say, oh yeah I downloaded it off my own disk, blah blah. Thats a lie, you know.
Except when they're not lying.

I'd like to point out that the GCMs I've got I ripped myself from my own games (had to borrow the ethernet adapter and PSO from a friend to do so). The only reason I did so was to play around with the files on there (e.g. extract gallery from Metroid Prime, extract music from Sonic games and so on). Not everyone who has GCMs got them illegally.

Guru64

alphator said:
yes I have dowloaded it but I have the game at home.
That doesn't justify the fact you downloaded it. The only legal Gamecube ISO is one you made yourself.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Sure, but... hey, who cares? If one owns the game, it should perfectly okay to aquire it either through download or through backup means. Although it IS illegal, why should we care when we DO own the game? Backing up games isn't always the easiest.

BlueFalcon7

Doomulation said:
Although it IS illegal, why should we care when we DO own the game? Backing up games isn't always the easiest.

Hes got a good point, even if we do back it up, its not like nintendo is going to lose money, these emulators can run 5 FPS at best, if someone wants a game, nobody says, "I'll download it and play it on an emulator, its cheaper" right now, the dolphin isnt for playing purposes so nobodys really losing momey. When it is for playing, the gamecube games will be out of print, heck the gamecube games will be out of print in about a year.

ChaosCode

Doomulation said:
Sure, but... hey, who cares? If one owns the game, it should perfectly okay to aquire it either through download or through backup means. Although it IS illegal, why should we care when we DO own the game? Backing up games isn't always the easiest.

When you start your own forums, then you can make your own rules. On this forum the rule is no Illegel content. Thats why.