What's new

help with error message?

anonymousguy

after opening up dk 64, after 2 minutes, an error message always comes up and closes project 64. its not just a certain point in the game i cant pass, no matter where i go it always displays an error message after like the first 2 minutes after starting the rom sometimes its a windows message"a problem has caused this program to not work probably." sometimes its "Error: SP_SET_INTR" help me please?

Actually now the error code is:
SP DMA READ
could not fit copy into memory segement

EDIT: nevermind. i fixed it by resetting and deleting the state save, then load through native save

Last edited:

GamerAeon

Well....You've left out some Critical info

What v. of PJ64 are you using to play DK64?
Have you enabled the Expansion Cart in the options?
Do you have the latest drivers for everything?
Is the Rom a Good dump or bad dump?
and finally
System Specs?
:pj64:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
1. Make sure you have a good ROM
2. Donkey Kong 64 is known to have a host of problems under Project64 1.6, so just having a good ROM doesn't make the emulation error-free.

Clements

I played through DK64 for quite a while in PJ64 1.6 and I experienced occasional core issues, which included falling through the floor when climbing vines/trees, and also at one point, an emulation error that appeared to occur at random. This is in addition to the other known issues listed in the current GameFAQ. Using cheats or save states will inevitably lead to more problems on top of this.

OP
A

anonymousguy

Well....You've left out some Critical info

What v. of PJ64 are you using to play DK64?
Have you enabled the Expansion Cart in the options?
Do you have the latest drivers for everything?
Is the Rom a Good dump or bad dump?
and finally
System Specs?
:pj64:

-project 64 is v.1.6
-yes
-yes
-good Rom
-windows vista home premium
Intel core 2cpu 1.6GHz
2046MB Ram
NVIDIA Geforce graphics card