What's new

Help with dolphin

Lanfeust

Yeah i know, title is not original...:p

well I wanted to try dolphin. So i downloaded v 1.02 ( latest), also dl the dlls and put them in plugins ( hopes that is teh good place) .

I downloaded two gcm ( tales of symphonia and mario paper ) (hope i am not doing something against the rules...

But ... there is always a but ... they didn t worked... well they work but so slow... i never reach more than 10 fps... on the prologue video (haven t not the patience to wait ;)) and of course no sound...

So what i am doing wrong here?

Here's my PC stats :
Mother board : ASUS P4P800 E dELUXe
CPU : Intel p4 2,8 GHZ FSB 800
RAM : 256 Mo PC 3200 DR
Video : FX 5600XT LEADTEK
Sound ; Integrated to mother board
And of course directx 9.0c

Any help ?
thanks guys, and this a develloper and enginner in compuer science speaking : really good work !!!

JinXD

Don't expect fullspeed, best advise I can give you is to get off your ass and buy a gamecube if you wanna play the games....

OP
L

Lanfeust

oh but i know that...
and i will... in like two months...but i really wanted to play tales of symphonia ASAP....

so i guess .. no advice ?

Has thi game worked with others?

Last edited:

Pky

This question has been answered thousands of times...you can't play it at more than 10fps, 10 fps(look what i say) IT'S A LOT. So... if you really want to play tales of symphonia, don't buy a better video card, just buy the gc and the game, it's simple. Or just wait months, nothing more to say. If you see the forum(i don't even expect to use the search button) you will see a post asking the same.

Edit: Oh.. ya, this is even more difficult to emulate than the nintendo 64, don't expect nothing for months, as i said.

Has thi game worked with others?

Ya, it worked, but... with 5-15 fps i presume. The Dolphin Team is doing all they can, we must be thankful to them.

Cheers, Pky

Last edited:

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
In the beta for 1.03, Paper Mario ranges from 7 - 12 FPS ingame, but it still doesn't go into battle with Lord Crump. It freezes as soon as the curtain goes down. :(

As hard as the Gamecube is to emulate, F|RES, Ector, Yaz0r, and rest of the coders do a darn good job with it. :)

ViperK8B

Gamecube Fanatic
The thing ur doing wrong is expecting way way way to much outta this emulator you gotta read up on how the emulator runs dont expect it to run full games the sec its released, This emulator has progressed faster then any emulator ive seen in awhile and thats more then enough for me at this point and time. :icecream: