What's new

Help with checking integrity of Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest ROM

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Because The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest
ROM is the newest Nintendo 64 ROM, Good N64 *will not*
recognize the ROM. :( I want to know if the ROM is good?

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
RJARRRPCGP said:
Because The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest
ROM is the newest Nintendo 64 ROM, Good N64 *will not*
recognize the ROM. :( I want to know if the ROM is good?

GoodN64 doesnt know what this rom is until they release a updated version. So, you will have to see with yourself if it is good or not.

OP
RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Currently, the ROM size is 32 MB just like the original
Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Do you believe the ROM is probably
good?

Slougi

RJARRRPCGP said:
Currently, the ROM size is 32 MB just like the original
Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Do you believe the ROM is probably
good?
If it works it propably is. No way of knowing as there are no cartridges out either, so this is the only version.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
If you got it from the same source as everyone else, it's a "good" ROM, as it's the ONLY ROM.

It was leaked by Nintendo, it all comes from that one file that was leaked, so in reality the file isn't "good" as there is no real released version. I don't know how Goodn64 will handle it. It'll be a "good" ROM I think, as even if it's not the same as the GCN version, there needs to be a source (the original leaked copy) to compare your copy to in order to know you have the best available.

decription

The only release actually isn't a "good" dump. It freezes at the end. A patch could probably be made for this easily by compairing the hex with that of a good copy of TOOT, I have neither the patience or time do so. It would probably be easy enough if someone wanted to though, however, i'm not sure how legal the patch would be because it would contain code from TOOT, nonetheless, the ROM isn't either and it can't be because noone can dump it, and if someone could we would have a good dump and not be in this quandry at all.
EDIT: Sorry to bump this, I didn't realize how old the thread was. :robot:

Last edited:

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
As far as I know no legal issues have arisen from IPS/APS patches. You could also make a specialized patch that will take code out of your copy of OoT and slap it into MQ. It's probably something so simple it could be cured with a code, though.

Can anyone send a state of the end? I found my rom in a dark obscure area where probably no-one can find it, so it *might* be a good dump, and I would like to test it.

Clements

My rom has a..:
CRC1 of 0x1D4135F3
CRC2 of 0xAF62EDA9.

No good dumps exist, unless the rom was redumped, which to my knowledge it hasn't. I believe everybody has the same Master Quest rom, I doubt other dumps even exist.

There are probably 2 dumps, because my CRC1 is "0x1D4136F3" (maybe 1 char different. but it's different, and difference must exist), so he/she might has dumped it twice.

Clements

Maybe there is two dumps after all ;) If the two roms have different CRCs then I guess they are most likely different dumps.

flow``

flow``
from the Dextrose boards, as posted by lac:

To all those unbelievers that the zelda master quest rom came from the Ocarina of Time Bonus disc. Use Icarus's GC-Tool to extract the Ocarina of Time Bonus disc PAL ISO. (I think PAL version was only one release, erm... i mean backed-up by yourself.

open zlj_f.tgc in your favorite hex editor.

check hex offset:
1C3AA240 <- lookie there a rom! (PAL master quest)
1E69CB38 <- oh look again!!! (PAL normal quest)

obviously when CZN released theirs they got it from the NTSC disc. I guess.
Just change the country code to US and it will work on ntsc! (change offset 0x3E in the rom from P to E). This also makes it work nicer on emulators.

Tada...

Both roms are 32meg. If you know how to use a hex editor or have enuf skills to extract that rom, well... Now someone can release normal quest version and make rom collectors happy and miyamoto cry.

http://www.dextrose.com/_forum/showthread.php?threadid=9468&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well...I have a state after which I only got ganon's temple left. Nothing is completed there. But I can attach if you want it.

Doomulation said:
Well...I have a state after which I only got ganon's temple left. Nothing is completed there. But I can attach if you want it.
Yes, please attach it, ands I'll see what I can do with it.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Weird, my Master quest rom is
CRC1: 0x26A2831D
CRC2: 0xB504A533

I had this rom before but i remember it being z64, after a format it took me weeks to find another, and this is v64, i'll convert it to z64 and see what i get...

edit: no, it doesn't affect crc what byte order its in *smacks himself*

well, its not known by PJ64 SP1 thats for sure. :bounce:

Last edited:

NovaBurn

form 1964, my zelda master quest says:

CRC1: 27A3831D
CRC2: B505A533

country code: usa

haven't played through the whole game yet so I don't know if I have the same nerfed eding version as the rest, but will post otherwise when I finish

CanSee

Depressive freak
Maybe that's no issue on normal PCs, but my very slow machine runs MQ something slower than usual OoT :/

Maybe due to the ROM ?

I use:
1964 0.8.5
Glide64 0.42
No Sound