What's new

help with cheats and save files

vicious-

Exactly how do I load save files that ive downloaded from online. The tutorials on the p64 help menu are not much help at all. They seem to just tell what can be done with P64 but doesnt go into any detail about how to get said things done. Also the cheats menu on mine doesnt have an "ok" button to activate the cheats. I can select them but the only command I have an option for is deselect (for deselecting the cheats). So I dont know what the hell is wrong with that.

Any suggestions?

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
Hi Vicious, 1st Their Manual is very clear, but i'm gonna help you anyway, so lets just don't wast anytime arguing on this proven fact.

Saves:
While in game(anygame), you can either pause the game or not, i prefer to pause the game, then click on
Save As...
& name your save. Now, still while in game, click on
& choose the appropriate save of the current Game, which your playing right now. Thats it.

Cheats:
Its quite clear again here, either before starting a game or while ingame, choose the cheat for the current Game, which your playing right now, then close the box.

To Enter new cheat codes:
Get the codes from where ever you want, GMSCCC is one, then open the cheat box for the game you want to add a cheat(like when you want to enable them), then right-click in that box, an little display saying
Add New Cheat...
will appear, click on-it, then a box where you can enter the new cheat will appear, fill it out & close it. There you go. Pretty easy don't you think...

Good Luck & Have Fun!

Last edited:

furio

DBL LGHT SBR GUARDIANS
In PJ64 v1.6, its eigther
Code:
Save State
pj64savestate9pd.png

or
Code:
Save As...
pj64saveas0om.png

If you want to do a Full save, choose
Code:
Save As...
If you want to do a Quick save, choose
Code:
Save State

If your Using PJ64 v1.5, then i don't remember, but you can figure it out easely.

Press either & if it ask a name, its a Full Save.
If it don't, its a Quick save, pretty simple, isn't it?

What about the Cheats now, are you alright with them?