What's new

Help With Chankast...

M79

hello
i'm new here obviously and i apologize ahead of time in case this has been discussed before here. i just downloaded the latest version of Chank and this is what i see when i try and launch it. i mean, i keep hearing that it needs 2 specific BIOS files called dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin and as you can see they are there so i don't know why it keeps giving me this error message. can someone help?

chank-error.jpg

Trotterwatch

You need to post what CPU you have, at a wild guess I'll say that the one you have (Pre Athlon XP, or below a P3) doesn't support SSE. There is sadly no way to fake it either.

OP
M79

M79

soooooo.......if my pc is any of the above that you mentioned, there's no way Chank would run on it?

OP
M79

M79

AMD Athlon...something...i'm not much of a computer wiz. i just saw something like that when i right clicked on My Computer. does that help? and if i'm not able to run Chank could you recommend a good emu for DC?

Clements

Hmm, AMD Athlons support SSE (Durons do not). Maybe it is disabled in your BIOS. I suppose you can use CPU-Z to check if your processor supports it.

OP
M79

M79

is CPU-Z something i can just find if i google'd it? and if it's (as if i know what you're talking about) is disabled, how would i enable it? sorry bout all the questions, i'm just excited about this emu, looks really good.

Trotterwatch

Clements, early Athlons do not support SSE. So I am guessing this user has one of those.

I think you're out of luck on this one M79.