What's new

Help with CD-Drive for ePSXe

omnislash124

I dunno what's wrong with this new drive I have. Now trying to conserve space, i've stopped burning to ISO and this drive isn't working too well though. It's a HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B. Can anybody recommend a CD Drive Plugin? I'm not used to using CD Drives.

Trotterwatch

I've got exactly the same drive, I don't experience issues running games through EPSXE.

Petes CD plugin is worth trying or the Internal one. If you are using XP, it's probably a good idea to have ASPI installed too.

OP
O

omnislash124

I'll give Pete's a try, but it keeps freezing after i click on run CDROM. I mean, it doesn't completely freeze, the Drive just doesn't read anything under the Internal plugin. The other i've tried is SaPu's Plugin. I thought I had it with the Read type: RAW, but the cd spins a few times. then stops again, and nothing comes on.

I am indeed using XP, and what do you mean by ASPI installed?

Allnatural

I've never had a problem with the 2k/XP read method implemented in ePSXe, but if you're having problems, the ASPI method may work better. You'll need to install an ASPI layer if you haven't already; a quick google search will undoubtedly lead you where you need to go.

smcd

pete's does that for me too, the emulator is running but it takes forever (or never) to load the CD. epsxe's works fine, and so does sapu's drive plugin