What's new

Help! windows xphome edition profile load problem

Buck_Bucholz

i like to put holes in my face
ok i recently was just playing around and i used boot xp and logon loader programs...you can get them on deskmod.com to make a new boot screen and a new logon for my windows xp home edition...now heres the problem im the administrator of my computer and the only user so only one profile well i put a password just to see how it would look with my new logon screen, worked for about a week then i was just checking my email my system locked so i rebooted and when it restarted it asked something about regular logon to windows xp or a backup line option i picked regular and it took me to my new logon screen...normal but when i put my password in it takes a very long time i mean like 45 seconds or so and it finally loads but not my profile so its set to default...all my icons all my desktop items were gone i rebooted nothing samething, and when i tried to load anything like outlook express it says would i like to set up and internet connection like if i was setting it up for the first time and it says i have no connection even though its running right now?? so i looked and found my files in the profile folder and all my stuff from my desktop is there but still all my outlook address's are gone and so i rebooted again after changing all my boot screens and logons to default, this time it says windows cant load my default profile which has all my shit and everything and it says that it will boot into a temp. profile which anything i change on the desktop or any settings will disapear after i turn the computer off!? when i load its like when you make a 2nd profile for your computer it has all the main and stuff but its default. so if anyone could help me that would be great!:blush: (!) (!) :happy: oh yeah i changed my boot and my logon to default and i reset my boot.ini and kernal using bootxp