What's new

HELP! windows prob

gogododo_313

The one and only
i know this isn't the exact place to ask this, but i don't know where else to ask.

my project64 window is now off my desktop and i can't get it back. :( i'm using winXP and after using pj64 a few times for some reason it creeped up off the top of my desktop. now when i open it it starts and i can select my rom. but when i load any game at any resolution they are off the screen. i can go to full screen and it's there. but i can't change any settings like which save state and i can't view in anything but full screen. i know how to move a window IF it's on the desktop, but not sure how to get it back on my desktop if it's not visible at all. i've tried everything. any help would be MUCH appreciated as this and a few other programs have done this to me. :(

GogoDodo

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
this should have gone in the techtalk forum. and as for your problem, try uninstalling all the programs affected then install them again.

OP
gogododo_313

gogododo_313

The one and only
ok, sorry for the wrong section. i didn't know which was for this. is there a way to move it? or should i just post it there also?

Slougi

Right click on the pj64 entry in your taskbar, select move and use the arrow keys to move it back on your desktop.

OP
gogododo_313

gogododo_313

The one and only
i tried that. but the program is off of the destkop. not visible at all. so i was wondering if there was some windows key or something that pops it back onto the desktop. if i could get the cursor on the program i would be able to move it back but i can't. :(

ra5555

N64 Newbie
try hitting both the alt key and the space bar at the same time. You should then be able to use your arrow keys to move the window :)

OP
gogododo_313

gogododo_313

The one and only
same problem exists though. the window is actually like OFF the screen, can't see it anymore. i can't put the arrow on the window to actually move it. i kinda fixed it but it's still a problem that's very annoying. if i lock/unlock the taskbar it brings the window back on the screen. but the window still creeps up and off the desktop when starting, restarting, or loading saves in pj64, winamp equilizer, and a few other small programs. and so i have to lock/unlock my taskbar every so often after reloading saves or restarting certain programs. at least now i can play pj64 and use winamp again. but it's now just very annoying to have to do this every so often.