What's new

help this is my first emu cofig

name is guy

hello iv just downloaded the n64project ,i don't think i know how to use it or what im talking about yet and please note ,this is my first time setting up any emu.

I want to use this emu with an old xbox controller ,i simply did a usb hack to an old xbox controller praying it would work. I downloaded the XBox Controller Driver Version 1.07 and it works good according to the XBCD program and controller configurations but it is a no go when loading the emu or a rom.

The rom i have is 007 - The World is Not Enough (E) (M3) [!].z64 one of my favorite's when i had the real n64 but anyway i load the rom and i get 3 flags and i can choose from flag to flag but i cant choose one no matter what button i push and iv tried them all. I couldn't find anything yet in the help files so any suggestions i the mean time will be extremely helpful ,THANKS.

My setup:

Vista home premium

directX10

AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual-Core Processors QL-60

3072MB PC6400 SDRAM

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Make sure that Player1 controller is marked as "Plugged in".

If the controller configuration windows let's you assign buttons without problems, then there is very little reason why pressing A or Start to make a selection wouldn't work. Unless it's the reason I listed above.

Might I also suggest using the ROM instead, as it runs 17% faster than PAL (unless, of course, you really have to have your game in some other language other than English and you can deal with the slower gameplay). No flags to choose from, either

P.S. It's called "Project64", not "n64project".

Last edited:
OP
N

name is guy

Your the man!!!

I took your advice and downloaded the U version and made the controller a plug-in and now it works good except the no sound?

Im going to have to play with the controller settings quite a bit but other than that i dont know squash about the sound.

Agozer

Config --> Configure Audio Plugin. Make sure that the volume is turned all the way up and your speakers are plugged in and functional.

OP
N

name is guy

peice of cake

i did the audio ,it was easy

by any chance do you know of a link or video that can teach me how to configure my xbox controls for shooter games in this project n64 ,that would be great.

Agozer

Please elaborate on "configure my xbox controls for shooter games".

Your button configuration can be anything you want it to be; all the 11 buttons, the digital pad and the analog stick on the N64 controller can be assigned any way you like to your XBOX pad via the Configure Controller Plugin window. If you don't know how the buttons are arranged on the N64 controller, you can do a Google Image search and be done with it. If you don't know how a particular game uses the buttons, you can always check a game's FAQ at GameFAQs.com.

Last edited: