What's new

HELP!!! Sonic Adventure at 50% ???

Djmack8000

I love PIE!
i know that you can get to mistic ruins if u have the cpu running at 50% on chankast, but

HOW DO I DO THAT???

thanks for the help

Whirlinurd

You must buy a cpu half the speed of your current one and replace it. :) Nah, just joking. Since it not so easy to find in the existing posts I will help you. You can overclock or underclock with the minus and plus keys on your keypad. So press the minus key untill the cpu percentage reads 50%.

Didn't know of that cpu trick myself and stopped playing sonic adventure. Going to try that out myself later.

I believe you were very desperate using all those CAPS LETTERS.

Last edited:
OP
Djmack8000

Djmack8000

I love PIE!
thx for your help!

yeah, i looked around for awhile but couldn't find anything. i find that most help sections are pretty unorganized. O well, cause i find i get helped faster and more directly using the forums, but i'd rather not have to make new threds for stupis questions like this one.

and between u and me (and everyone else that reads this thread) i definately was desprate, but it's aso a good way to catch the reader's eye.

Whirlinurd

It's becoming clear to me that some questions are getting again. Sometimes because the answer can not be found inside all those pages of long threads or that it isn't clearly answered. I concur that not all threads are as organized as I would like to see them. The compatability thread looks very organized because it seems that the list itself is updated properly even with a short description what compatability problems there are.

As for the Latest Chankast news. I can only say that the idea was very good from AdreaSpooky to start such a sticky. I'm affraid that it's slowly getting filled with future features, fixes about x game. Maybe I'm just overeacting since someone has commented about the function of the sticky and it will probably will get better.

My point is that every sticky that functions as a frequently accessed thread should have a top post just as in the compatability thread. Every fact, rumour or future fixes should be edited/posted there. This way everybody can chat all they want since the important things are shown at the top.

I do not want to read through 30 pages of one sticky for example if there's something interesting. Maybe also for normal threads if they get to long if the starter wants too offcourse.

Maybe a sticky with Howto's. For example:

- Howto run Chankast.
- Howto mount an image to run with Chankast.
- How can I get a dreamcast bios?
- Why does my game says A/V Cable is not supported?
- Why do I get a iocontrol error with my image.
- etc.

All those kind of things...

Trotterwatch

Maybe a sticky with Howto's. For example:

- Howto run Chankast.
- Howto mount an image to run with Chankast.
- How can I get a dreamcast bios?
- Why does my game says A/V Cable is not supported?
- Why do I get a iocontrol error with my image.
- etc.

PsyMans FAQ covers most of that

As for the stuff in the sticky progress thread, I'll split that from the thread later.

Whirlinurd

No one knows anything else to load the mystic ruins level without crashing. I tried the 50% cpu trick myself earlier and it didn't work for me either. Why it did work in the compatability thread is not clear to me. I can't help you. It's just the current state of Chankast and that's it unfortunately.