What's new

Help Please...

M79

hi
i did read the FAQ so....
the problem is that i used DiscJuggler to create a .cdi file of my self bootable back up copy of Street Fighter 3: Third Strike and i mounted it with Daemon Tools and it wouldn't run the game. Emulator seemed to work fine but no game. I used the Capcom hack and still no results. Any suggestions would be helpful and much appreciated. Thanks. :plain:

Davv13

AMD2000XP=512DDR=9600XT
Well is it just this game or all others you have? If it's all of them well your set up is wrong pc wise I mean. If it's just the that well you probably got a bad image of the game. Well I only used Alcohol120% to mount my games. But daemon should still work though others use it I'm sure? In the configure drive setting in the emu do you have the right letter highlighted? For me if I use the drive well it's E if I mount well then it's F.

OP
M79

M79

Yep. I have it configured to the right Virtual Drive. Not sure if it's the game though. I tried Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica and nothing will run at all. It's really getting on my nerves now. lol I've used Alchohol 120% also but nothing.

Davv13

AMD2000XP=512DDR=9600XT
All I can is read all the matrial that comes with emu. Have you got all your images from one site maybe there all bad? Check your pm.

OP
M79

M79

No, they were all downloaded from the same site since I don't know how to make actual Dreamcast backups. They all work fine on my actual Dreamcast system and I've encountered no problems with them ever. Just with this emulator!

Davv13

AMD2000XP=512DDR=9600XT
Did you if you have the bios? Make sure you unzip it people make stupid mistakes like that keeping them in a rar/zip format.Did you check your pm yet.

OP
M79

M79

You mean the actual emulator bios files? Yes, the dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin are in the directory with the emulator. I'll check my PM's now. Thanks.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
M79 said:
You mean the actual emulator bios files? Yes, the dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin are in the directory with the emulator. I'll check my PM's now. Thanks.
You posted 4 times in this thread but you don't let us know your specs and what's the exact problem. We'll be able to help you if you let us know.

OP
M79

M79

Sorry. This isn't my PC so I don't know the exact specs (and the owner isn't here right now...). That I know of, the ram is 512MB, it has a 40 hard drive and an 80 gig second drive and it has some Nvidia video card that runs Doom 3. I hope some of this helps.

OP
M79

M79

This PC runs Windows XP Home. When I launch Chankast (after having mounted the .cdi and making sure all the settings are right...) I see the Dreamcast logo, then it takes me to the screen with the system settings. Like the VMA, time/date, where you'd play music if a music CD were in there.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Your games are probably not selfbootable if the emulator shows the music CD screen (you must make them selfbootable). If it shows the main bios screen then it does not recognize the CD at all (make sure that you selected the correct CD-ROM drive from the emulator settings). You may also try to run the games from the real CD to see if the emulator can run them (in case it is a virtual drive problem).

OP
M79

M79

Well, technically the 3 games I tried to use are self bootable. They boot by themselves on my Dreamcast system. Is there something added that I needed to do to make it self bootable on another level for this emulator? lol Not sure why it wouldn't recognize the CD. The CD drive is also correct.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
If they boot on the real system they are selfbootable. Are you sure that they are not original Dreamcast disks?

OP
M79

M79

Positive. I burned them myself using Alcohol 120%. I even went out and bought Code Veronica the original and that of course wouldn't work either.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
This shouldn't happen on Windows XP. Try to use the Aspi CD-ROM interface. If you have problems with it read the FAQ.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Or he has just forgetten to configure the drive in his drive menu...
Go to the drive menu and chose the drive where the image is mounted... that should it be... if not, then read the FAQ like Psy said...

OP
M79

M79

Well, I checked the FAQ page and went to the ASPI Driver and it's update. Nothing really happened when I tried to install the driver. When i did actually think it installed I tried to install the update which said it didn't detect any ASPI stuff on this PC and also said this is an update for Windows NT. I guess I just wasn't meant to use this emulator. lol