What's new

Help Please! Mame still won't load my roms

urbanman2004

Head Honcho
i'm trying to play my roms but the thing is that they won't work. they appear on the 'available' option. everytime i click on them nothing happens. i right click and choose the "play [insert rom here] option". there is no pop up message that comes up... my roms are recognized from my directory but they won't play... i haven't played the roms in 5 months... and just so happened i felt like playing them now. i am able to play them with winkawaks but not with mame. I'm using mame32fx 099u6.

smcd

It's my experience that WinKawaks works very well and is easy to use (So are MAME32 and its derivatives though) so why not just use kawaks then? Do you have some games that are non-CPS1/CPS2/NeoGeo?

WhiteX

he used kawaks with success, as he stated on the other thread, dunno why he wants mame so bad.

Allnatural

urbanman2004 said:
i haven't played the roms in 5 months... and just so happened i felt like playing them now. i am able to play them with winkawaks but not with mame.
I would still contend, based on your audit, that you're trying to run clone sets without the parents.

The roms for the Capcom fighters were updated recently (some very recently), so it could also be a version mismatch. In either case, I'll again refer you to MAWS.

OP
urbanman2004

urbanman2004

Head Honcho
allnatural, ok i use this 'MAWs' to search for my 'problematic roms' and then what?

to snesmaster40, i like the arcade better because of graphics and realism when i connect to usb. i had that on my snes back in the day anyway and now on my roms for zsnes

Allnatural

urbanman2004 said:
allnatural, ok i use this 'MAWs' to search for my 'problematic roms' and then what?
MAWS is just a resource. Use it to figure out what you have, and what you should have.

Your first post seems to indicate that these games used to work. Same version of MAME, or have you updated since then? The fix could be as simple as using an older version of MAME. If you want to use a newer version, you may need to update some of your roms. This is where MAWS is helpful, to show you when/if a rom has been updated.

OP
urbanman2004

urbanman2004

Head Honcho
i'll use what older versions of mame installations i have saved on my computer and see if they work.

Last edited: