What's new

help me with my coursework

dreamer

could you guys help me with my media coursework, i need some people to fill in a questionnaire! the main theme is of crime and the media, particularly gangsters so i though why not add in some stuff about games - vice city seemed a good option. so its basically about linking crime to the video game (meaning the questionnaire is almost entirely about gta, but it's quite short anyways) okay here it is, copy + paste the questions and type in the gaps, answers can be as long or short as you wish.

1. would you say that playing violent video games in general;

A) increases your energy and motivates you to act in an aggressive way in real life.
B) relaxes and reduces your stress.

2. after playing GTA Vice City, how do you feel?

A) aggressive
B) calm
C) violent
D) hyper
E) irrelevant
F) other (please state)

please elaborate a few sentances on your chosen word.

3. how many hours per day/week do you play violent games?

4. do you sometimes confuse a game with real life or are you tempted to
act as you would do in the game? please elaborate.

5. in your personal opinion, do games cause violence or copycat behaviour in real life, or has society always been full of crime and deviance? once again, please feel free to elaborate on your answer.

thankyou very much for taking the time to fill in my questionnaire.

OP
D

dreamer

please! lol, don't make me beg for some replys, i'll check this later/tomorrow. it would help me out if anyone could fill this in, even just 2 or 3 responses would be greatly appreciated.

Trotterwatch

1) b
2) b
3) 5
4) nope I'm not mental ;)
5) games do not cause this, bad parenting and a general erosion of quality of life causes it

Remote

1. b)
2. f) Only played it once or twice with friends, I blushed after hitting a person who had done nothing to me..
3. 0 or less is possible
4. no, not even remotely possible.
5. ppl don't become violent after playing violent games, violent ppl might play violent games and do violent things though.. big diff..

revl8er

That Damn Good
1. would you say that playing violent video games in general

B) relaxes and reduces your stress. I think it helps you let out your anger sometimes, besides you would have to be a psycho to act aggressively just because of a videogame.

B) calm. videogames don't affect my thoughts or actions one bit.

Somewhere between 4-10 hours since I cut down some. It also depends on what I have to do during the day.

Refer back to the answers to questions 1 and 2

5. in your personal opinion, do games cause violence or copycat behaviour in real life, or has society always been full of crime and deviance? once again, please feel free to elaborate on your answer.

IMHO, I don't think that videogames are capable of causing such actions. I know many people have seen news stories where a videogame gets blamed for some actions but I believe it's just the parents way of taking the blame away from their children or away from themselves. Videogames are just a form of entertainment and will be for entertainment for a long time. You don't see people mocking movies or songs that are twice as violent as videogames will ever be. I could go on forever talking about this subject since I done a essay on this subject but I think I should keep it short.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
1) B
2) F, satisfied, kind of like the feeling you get when you squeeze a stress ball
3) Probably all of them, maybe 1-2 hours a day
4) What do I look like, a psycho? (in other words, no)
5) No, unless you are psychotic in the first place, then maybe. I think there should be a law that requires cops to beat kids' parents with a stick everytime they do something stupid, that way the parents return the favor to their kids so that they'll think twice before they do something stupid again. All the video games do is give new ideas to already stupid people.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
1: B
2: F (turned on)
3: Around 2-3 hours going up to 5-6 if I have a scrim or clan war
4: You mean my hours of shotgun practising is down the drain, no demons?
5: Excuse me I cant get my chainsaw started.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
1. b)
2. f) i get itis. it makes me more lazy than ever.
3. 0-3 (i don't count warcraft as violent)
4. Yes. I start saying "Bodingah!" and cast stasis wards everywhere. (no)
5. There are always people who are violent by nature, regardless of video games.

-Shadow-

Banned
1. would you say that playing violent video games in general;

A) increases your energy and motivates you to act in an aggressive way in real life.
B) relaxes and reduces your stress.

I choose B) !

A) aggressive
B) calm
C) violent
D) hyper
E) irrelevant
F) other (please state)

please elaborate a few sentances on your chosen word.

I choose E) , games doesn't affect me really....

Geez , non-violent games are hard to find ! I play 1-7 hours a day , 75% violent :p

Hmm... i never did so... but wait ! there's something ! I threw a can of soda and shouted : FIRE IN THE HOLE! But there wasn't anything else like that ;)

Hmmm... I don't think so . crime and deviance was a steady element of our society and its ancored in our psychic or nature ( Instinctive violent acting , destruction instinct ) . A bad childhood is the main cause of violence IMO . so i don't think violent games are making violent .

Bargh , sorry for my German English ;)

Last edited:

evanprovost

Need Help, Bios File

i have downloaded like 5 damn emulators but i have no idea what im doing, im stuck. Im at the point where my PSXeven says "Put a psx bios dump inside the "PSXeven\bios" directory." how the hell do i do that?!?!?

its for my ff7 , thanks for ur help.

Clements

You need a PSX BIOS file. Since these are copyrighted material, you cannot ask for them here.