What's new

Help me please!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Rename the graphics plugin that you use to Jabo_Direct3D7.dll

This has been already discussed in the Netplay forum.

Agozer

hydroswirl said:
Uh, sorry for sounding stupid, but where do I find that plugin?
*Any* Graphics plugin for N64 emulators. PJ64 comes with Jabo's Direct3D6/8 ones and Rice has his own. Pick one.

Agozer

I suppose that's the contents of PJ64k's plugin folder, yes?

Download the Project64, copy the Jabo_Direct3D8.dll from its plugin folder to PJ64's plugin folder and rename it to Jabo_Direct3D7.dll (remember to delete the old Jabo_Direct3D7.dll first).

OP
H

hydroswirl

I removed the 3D7 and renamed my 3D6 to 3D7 and nothing. No change at all.

And what do you mean by "Download the Project64"

OP
H

hydroswirl

NVM, i got what your saying, I did all that, but now I get a hwole different error, one wiht numbers. It's like "Failed to initialize 8870886C...." somehting like that.(Edit: Image in next post) Now what do I do? :(

Last edited:

Agozer

hydroswirl said:
Uh, I don't know...how do you check?
Click Start --> Run. Type dxdiag and press Enter. The DirectX Diagnostics Tool should open. Check the Display tab and then look at the box that says 'Device'.

Damn, I should make this a personal note or something, this question pops up way too often.

OP
H

hydroswirl

It also says this on the bottom under notes:

No problems found.
To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

Agozer

The ATI Rage series is heavily outdated. Does any N64 game work for you? My old computer had an ATI Rage 3D video card, and quite frankly, I could never get any 3D accelerated games working with it, despite the card supposedly having 2D/3D capabilities.

To make matters worse, I don't think that ATI even supports the Rage line of products, so no driver updates for it. Furthermore, since DXDiag says that it can't run Direct3D tests, you're screwed + since it seem to be a chip, instead of a card, its features are even more limited than in a card model.

Agozer

hydroswirl said:
So there's no way to fix it? Will it work for any emus?
Yes, it will probably work in some emulators, but strictly in 2D emulators. So no N64, PSX Dreamcast, or 3D arcade games will work. Of if they would work, they'd probably be too slow and riddled with graphics errors. I'm more concerned about the fact that if your current drivers are working ok, the chip simply doesn't have any 3D capabilities, which narrows your choices more than drastically.

If you stick with NES, SNES, Genesis etc. emulation, you might have better luck.

Last edited:

Agozer

What are your specs in your computer anyway? Installed DirectX version?

Whether or not you should get a new video card depends on how old the computer actually is.