What's new

Help me, i have a question

OP
T

Thechea

Clements said:
Yes. Intel makes some of the worst graphics chips money can buy. Only their GMA 900/950 are moderately usable with PJ64 and it's most current plugins.

The Extreme range (like you have) is only DX6 compliant, slower than a GeForce 2 MX, and can't handle Jabo's D3D8, so use the older D3D6 plugin.

...well i WOULD except for the fact that i can't even open the program...

Clements

- Does 1964/Mupen64 automatically close?

- What is the state of your graphics drivers? Are you using the ones which came with XP?

- DirectX version?

- Do other 3D applications/games work?

- Are you using Project64 1.6? Do you have a proper install (with all the accesory files and not just the exe)?

OP
T

Thechea

Clements said:
- Does 1964/Mupen64 automatically close?

- What is the state of your graphics drivers? Are you using the ones which came with XP?

- DirectX version?

- Do other 3D applications/games work?

- Are you using Project64 1.6? Do you have a proper install (with all the accesory files and not just the exe)?

-I dunno

-Dunno

-Yes, just two minutes ago i was playing Tony Hawk 4 and i was able to play WoW on this computer

-Maybe not...do you have a link to a proper install?

OP
T

Thechea

Clements said:
You can download it from the main site:

http://www.pj64.net/main/

Uninstall what you have and reinstall the package from the above link.

i did and i got the updates and it still doesn't work

the first time i open pj64 when it asks for my language it stays open, then i close and when i open it appears then just dissapears

Clements

Could be a graphics driver thing then. Go to the Intel site and install the latest driver, and then install DirectX 9.0c if you don't have that already (comes with WinXP SP2).

If you still can't get it to work, use 1964.

OP
T

Thechea

Clements said:
Could be a graphics driver thing then. Go to the Intel site and install the latest driver, and then install DirectX 9.0c if you don't have that already (comes with WinXP SP2).

If you still can't get it to work, use 1964.

i tried installing the drivers but i'm having trouble...

it says to put it in the drivers folder or something and i did and it says all the stuff was not installed correctly...

i'm not so good with this driver stuff

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
Thechea said:
i tried installing the drivers but i'm having trouble...

it says to put it in the drivers folder or something and i did and it says all the stuff was not installed correctly...

i'm not so good with this driver stuff

what are you trying to install :bouncy: