What's new

Help getting rumble to work

Chuck1981

I'm sorry if this has been posted numerous times, but through my searches I couldn't find any topics that related to the issue I'm having.

I'm using PJ64 1.6 with N-Rage Direct Input8 V2 1.80a. In the controller configuration under the "Controller Pak" tab I have selected to use Rumble Pak with Raw Data. Under the "Devices" tab the Rumble section is greyed out and won't let me adjust rumble settings, hence my rumble i'snt working.

I know my controller is rumble capable because I have used it before, many years ago, with PJ64 and I had the rumble working with it then. (Btw I must have it to play Zelda OoT with rumble to locate the secret areas! :))

Anyone got a hotfix for me? It's probably a simple one.

Thanks,

Chuck

Alunalun

Only a semi-helpful reply, but you can check 'visual rumble' as a workaround if all else fails. It's enough to be able to find the OoT hidden areas with.
I only see the rumble section greyed out if I haven't selected my controller under the 'devices' drop down just above the rumble section. You can't use your controller unless you've already done that, but I noticed you said you'd successfully used your controller 'years ago' rather than 'now'...?

OP
C

Chuck1981

Yeah I had the rumble with this controller working with PJ64 years ago, I believe it was with N-Rage too....maybe an older N-Rage version?

I do have my USB controller selected in the device drop-down as well.

I guess I should add that everything for rumble is greyed-out except for "Visual Rumble".

:(

OP
C

Chuck1981

The name on the back of the controller says:

USB GAME PAD
SKU #234995
Century Concept Digital
www.CCandu.com

After searching it appears my only solution might have been the disc that came with the controller (hell, I don't even remember there being one, hehe).

Anyone know where said driver might be found? :)

OP
C

Chuck1981

For starters, you might want to use a more recent version of N-Rage, it can work wonders in some cases.

As for where to find drivers, Google - or try this: http://list.driverguide.com/list/company2351/index.html

That did it, thanks a bunch. I searched google for the driver but only found posts from others saying they couldn't find it.

Getting the driver from that site took some work to actually get registered for free so that I could download it, but in the end, it was worth the time and effort.

Thanks again.