What's new

Help, d3d init error Stupid I know

alextepes

Well, It basicly tells me I can't go into Gfx settings cause of the "Unable it init d3d error"
And I have Direct x 9.0b, I just installed 9.0c and same error accured, I try to boot a rom, its goes Booting... then errors out like a whore, So What should I do? The ROM is/gcm file is Super smash Bro's Melee, Any help regarding this? I have an ATI Radeon Express 200 series graphics card 256mb memory, 512 DDR 400mhz ram, The cpu itself is 2Ghz with Hyper threading, 150 gig Hard drive what should this man do he lives in a shoe.

Mouser X

Something I'd like you to understand is that GC images are are exactly that; an image file. It's basically a CD image, like an ISO. In other words, it's not a ROM, in the same sense that N64, or SNES games are ROMs (ROM stands for Read Only Memory. GC images aren't stored in Read Only Memory, though they are pretty much Read Only). Sorry, but it does bug me that people get something so obvious mislabeled so frequently.

As for you problem, are you running GCM, an ISO, a RAR, a 001, or a TORRENT file? The reason I ask, is because I have seen all of those as file types that people have attempted to run in Dolphin. Dolphin can ONLY run GCM files. If the file isn't at least 10mb (Animal Crossing is 16mb, or so, IIRC), then chances are very good that you don't have a proper GC image. As such, what is the size of the GCM you're attempting to run? Have you tried rebooting your computer? And, not being familiar with that graphics card, I'm going to assume that it might not be capable for Dolphin to run on it (again, that's a guess, so hopefully I'm wrong).

Sorry I can't help much more than that. Hopefully someone else can though, and hopefully any additional information you can add will also be helpful to others. Mouser X over and out.

OP
A

alextepes

I'll show you where the file is, and what error I get in a screen shot alright? That way you know its GCM and not ISO/BIN/CUE/Rar/7z lol

errordolphin.JPG

Mouser X

I should have directed you here first. Since I haven't actually used Dolphin yet (I do have it installed, finally), and haven't read the FAQ in a good long while, it, strangely, didn't occur to me to lead you in that direction. Hopefully that will help. Mouser X over and out.

Lightning

Emulator Developer
You can verify that DirectX 9.0c or higher is installed by going to Start/Run, then typing in "dxdiag" without the quotes. If it reports DirectX 9.0c and Dolphin still can not init, then your next likely cause is the video card.