What's new

HELP! Controller issue in Chanka .25

airwolf

I am using .25 Chanka. I use a Trustmaster Dual Power 3 gamepad. For some reason Chanka will not recognize the vertical axis on the RIGHT analog stick (the Slider axis control), when I use the input interface by ElSemi.

So then, I switched to the interface xxx. But the 'xxx' interface is very confusing. Either that or I'm stupid. On the 'xxx' interface, I do see my right stick (both axis's), but it will not let me set the two axis for the right analog stick to assign to the D-pad.

I am trying to do this for Virtual-On. I got it running full speed (70-80fps) with full sound too, but controlling this beast is hell. Can someone give me some advice on what to do? Anyone else have this issue or similar?

Maybe your dual analog stick works, but you can't assign to the D-pad. Or maybe you have come up with a good configuration that works with this great game. Thanks to all who reply.

eggo

Some Guy
Did you have a Dreamcast? If you had one, you know that the DC controller does not have a right-analog..

MAD_BOY

weird guy
it doesn't matter if the dc did or didn't have a right analog, since this is an emu, so you SHOULD be able to use it

eggo

Some Guy
Yeah..it works fine on my Logitech Dual Action gamepad, maybe it's your controller or something.

OP
A

airwolf

Hmmmm...

Well, I got the newest driver from Thrustmaster. Have any of you people ever tried the gamepad I have? It truly is the most comprehensive, durable, well-constructed, and feature-rich on the market. Try one and you will see what I am talking about.

You mean that BOTH of your analog sticks are working in Chanka? ALL FOUR AXIS's? I just want to use my RIGHT stick as the D-PAD that is on a normal Dreamcast controller. Does anyone have the right stick working in this fashion? I only use it this way for Virtual-On. Thanks.

OP
A

airwolf

Yo...

Well, is anyone still there? Just trying to keep the thread alive...............LOL :p :p :p :bouncy:

aika-san

I have a Logitech Wingman Cordless Rumblepad. Using the Wingman software it is possible to remap any control to another control. So you can remap the left stick x/y axis's to the right stick x/y axis's. You can even remap the d-pad to any stick, or the x-axis to one stick and the y-axis to the other stick. In fact you can remap almost anything to anything. Doesn't your Thrustmaster software allow this?

If not, get one of these Logitech Wingman Cordless Rumblepad's. They're excellent and so is the software. Check it out. 13 buttons (11 programmable) including 4 front buttons and six top ones, 2 analog sticks, 8-way d-pad, variable throttle control, gutsy rumble, real comfortable adult-size ergonomics with no annoying ridges and everythings fully remappable. You can even set the wingman software to use different button mappings automatically when you load different programs. :p They aren't as cheap to run as what you have (unless you buy rechargable batteries) although they are much better IMHO...

In short, I have yet to find a better gamepad for PC. I can't fault it anyway. Feels nice and solid too. Doesn't look or feel like a toy.

More info from the Logitech website

-------------------------------------

Feel the Action Wherever You Play

Have complete freedom of movement during gaming with cordless technology
Logitech Cordless Freedom 2.4GHz technology delivers top gaming performance plus a 20-foot range. There is no lag (latency). You get the full performance of corded controllers, without the hassle of a cord.

Feel every explosion, collision, and recoil with two independent vibration feedback motors
Tactile feedback makes just about every game better. And this is the first cordless gamepad to deliver state-of-the-art vibration feedback. Sophisticated dual motor technology provides maximum vibration feedback. You aren't getting the full experience that the game designers intended, unless you are feeling the vibration effects. Wring all the excitement out of your games.

Get all the control you need: dual analog mini-sticks, eight-way D-pad, 11 programmable buttons, and a slide throttle
This super-comfortable gamepad has all the control features gamers demand. And they are all arranged for fast and efficient gameplay. The analog sticks are ultra-accurate and responsive for precise 360-degree movement. The throttle is always within easy reach. The buttons are large and sure. You will be in complete control.

Play in the same room with up to seven friends with no radio interference
You can connect up to 8 gamepads to a single PC. It's easy to do and the performance remains excellent.

50+ hours of game play with 4 AA batteries (included)

One-year warranty
Logitech WingMan Profiler software for PC

Customize button and force feedback functionality
Every game is different, and so is every gamer. We know that. So we provide this versatile software that allows you to have things your way.

"Double" the number of buttons with the shift-button
Are you a control freak? We are too. Enable the shift button functionality to turn all those buttons and hat switch functions into twice as many.

Quickly switch between game controllers
Fly your plane, drive your car, and then kick the ball around without being frustrated by controller configuration. Our software lets you easily manage and switch between your Logitech game controllers.

Includes profiles for hundreds of popular PC games
We're quite sure that you know exactly how you want to set up your controller for your favorite games. But just in case, we've thrown in a few hundred of our favorite configurations.

Easily download new game profiles
As if the profiles we ship with the controller weren't enough.

Print out profiles for quick reference
We hate losing buttons. So we like to print out our game configurations for quick reference.
System Requirements

PC with 166 MHz or faster Intel Pentium® or compatible AMD® processor
32 MB RAM
20 MB available hard disk space
CD-ROM drive
USB port
Windows® 98, 2000, Me, or XP

-------------------------------------

I've had mine for well over a year now, and it gets used virtually every day. It doesn't seem like it will ever die, but if it does, I'll buy the same one again.

If anyone does buy one, don't get the corded version. The corded one has less buttons and there are ridges in the design, the sticks have much thinner shafts, the buttons aren't as nice to use, and the d-pad is nowhere near as good either. The corded version is a lot cheaper, but it sucks in every respect when compared to the more expensive cordless version. :happy:

Last edited:

lil' Hobo

How heavy is it? I like my gamepads heavy. (not xbox havy though, ps2 is perfect)

Anyways, all the input plugin's do is allow you to map any input to a dreamcast key. This means that the input might be buggy.

Goto Control Panel> Game Devices> configure/ calibrate and test to see if the axis works. You will see a box with a lil cross in it move around if it works. If it will not move, either recalibrate it if you can or your gamepad needs a refund.

aika-san

Don't have scales handy. Approx the same weight as 2 D-Size batteries when it has the 4 AA-Size batteries it requires installed. Definately not light, but not uncomfortable either. You'll just have to try and see. I've tried a fair few pads on lots of consoles/pc's but I love this one.

If you want me to be real picky, ok. :whistling The batteries are a very tight fit and sometimes it can be difficult to get the battery cover back on. Once you got the knack of it, its easy though. You would not want to force the battery cover and break it while putting it on either. Not implying that the cover is flimsy, because it's not. Some people are very heavy-handed with their computer equipment though. One guy I know snapped a brand-new Joystick within half an hour of buying it. If you are rough with any gamepad, it won't last long anyway. This gamepad is certainly tougher than PS gamepads. One more fault: because its battery based you wouldn't want to leave it sit for six months and find the batteries have leaked, but that isn't the gamepad's fault anyway. This is being ultra picky so I won't go any further, because you can pick faults in anything if you try hard enough.

BTW, there is a few documents floating around the net about how to cut the PSX lead and splice it to a serial/parralel port plug so you can use it on yer PC. A friend of mine did this with a Playstation 1 pad. Works well, with rumble and analog. The software drivers are all homebrew so theyre free, some are really good. Dunno if anyone's done anything like this with PS2 gamepad. I suspect that if you look around, someone has probably done it though. Also some companies (Lik-Sang) have made adaptors that do the same thing so you don't need to cut your PS gamepad lead.

Last edited:

Simons

Guys

I have a Wingman cordless and I’m using the latest version of Dark man’s plug-in.

It works fine with the Analogue stick but I’m unable to get the D pad to accept any input, I’m downloading the relevant drivers from Logitech.

Over all though the emulator is one of the better experiences I’ve had with CD based systems I just need some control!

painkiller78

Hi, I have a Wingman cordless too, and got the same problem, but the D-pad cannot be configured, when you try to do so, the input show "Z- axis" or something like that, just like if you were pressing something and holding just before the program is about to read any input in the text box.

Just a suggestion if it's good for something, I'm not an expert programmer, but a remember and option in FCEUltra, a NES emulator, "Z axis disabled", the same problem ocurred to me when I tried to map the D-pad of the controler to the digital pad on the emulator, the emulator return some Z-axis stuff, when i activated this option the emu begin to read fine the input in the controller. Just a suggestion if maybe it can be of some help or clue, I'm not trying to hurt anybody feelings, specially the programmer ones. I know that it's very difficult to program something like this. And don't want anybody who jump out and say "if you don't like do it yourselft", it's obvious I can't program such a thing.

Keep the hard work guys, you are great. :p

aika-san

About the Logitech Wingman Cordless Rumblepad. Why don't you set your dpad like this. First set chankast to use w,a,s,d keys for directional movement. Then use the wingman profiler to modify the d-pad assignments so that when you push a direction on the d-pad, it emulates the appropriate keypress. See the screenshot to see what I mean. If you do this, chankast thinks your using the keyboard even though you are actually using the d-pad. If you load up notepad, you can even 'type' the w,a,s,d letters using your d-pad. :p Make sure you try the 2 different controller modes by pushing the mode button on your gamepad.

Hope this helps.

alien{S}py

I use an XBOX controller with Chankast. It's really nice since it has all the same buttons in the same places. I've had no problems with it and I like it a lot better than some of the other gamepads that I have seen.